Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday Whimsies.  (June 19, 2013)

Well, I'm on the road again.  Today I'm heading to Columbus, Ohio.  I will be teaching at the TNNA Market.  These are also so much fun because I get to teach designs many have not yet seen.  I am teaching one of the Caribe designs by Leigh Designs, Jamaica, and a wonderful Quail design from Sundance Designs. And oh, the wonderful threads we get to use. Anyway, I digress.

Today's stitch is the Alicia's Lace.

Alicia's Lace

Alicia's Lace can wear many looks.  Used with a light thread such a Kreinik Size 4 braid, or one strand of Rainbow Gallery Splendor, etc., it will present an open, airy look.  It is a great background stitch and works up rather quickly.

Alicia's Lace Stitched


When stitched with a heavier thread, however, like the top sample, it presents a more solid fill.  Personally, I do not like the top version.  I would not use that version as a background but rather as a fill for some area.

Okay, this is brief, but I have a lot on my plate today.  Have a great week.

Stitch with a smile!

Sandy

No comments: