Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Whimsies (June 12,2013)

Just back from a wonderful time at The Needle Works at Austin, TX, where Colleen is the hostess with the mostest!   Had a fun group both days.  We did the Crow Workshop by Leigh Designs on Thursday and Friday and Desert Garden from Sundance on Saturday and Sunday.  This is the most fantastic shop that I have ever been in (and I've been in a lot).  The class room is to die for!  Lots of room and well lit.  The staff is also top notch.  If you come away saying you had bad service there I bet there is something wrong with you because they are the best.

What's more exciting is that I am going back.  We have scheduled a class in January 24, 25, 26, 2014 for Peacock Pride!  Be sure to go to The Needle Works website and check out details!  http://theneedleworks.com  She will be posting info soon.  I know she has it on her blog because there are already sign ups. StitchingintheTexasHillCountry.com


I'll be off again next week but this week I stay home and catch up.  The stitch I am sharing with you today is
the buttonhole stitch.

What a stitch!  This stitch is a great edging.  So if you do not want to do a binding stitch work the buttonhole stitch.  Another thing to keep in mind, this stitch is a version of the blanket stitch.  They are executed the same way but the blanket stitch is stitched much further apart and more open.

Another great use of this stitch is to make flowers.  Stitch it in the round and there you are.  It is a wonderful scallop clothing edge giving the impression of lace perhaps.  So you can see this is not a boring stitch.

In my stitched sample I am showing the buttonhole stitch (top) and the blanket stitch (bottom).


Experiment away and add another page to your notebook.

Till next time -

Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy


No comments: