Monday, April 22, 2013

Stitching Friends!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to get together with friends and just stitch?  My daughter (whom I consider my closest friend now that she is no longer my responsibility - lol), and a couple more buddies landed at our house this weekend for a marathon stitching get together.

We had great fun!  We all did our share of stitch in and rip out (well, most of us did anyway).  My daughter is really moving along on a wonderful Lee canvas that she loves to do.  She started the gray background and then decided to rip that out and do another one.  We all liked number two better. I thought I took a picture but obviously I did not.  It is in my background book but that is No. 5 or 6, I can't remember which.

I am stitching away trying to get a Leigh Designs model ready for them for the Dallas market but alas, I fear that will not happen.  I am also teaching the piece at TNNA Columbus Market.  Check out those shoes!



I was dog sitting my grand dog - Bella - a golden lab.  She had plenty of visitors too!  My yorkie grand dog - Mindy - wasn't too sociable this weekend.  But some other friends and she managed to entertain themselves quite well.


(Sorry, had to block out what I was working on when Bella was helping.)


Helping keep water rings off the tables (sure you are!)

Okay, so what's next?

Puff, the cat and the old man of the house, wanted nothing to do with them so he spent the weekend up in the attic.  He has his own suite up there with food, water, litter box, and peace and quiet.



My husband managed to busy himself outside on the tractor, or in front of the tv with his golf, baseball, NASCAR or whatever else suited his fancy.  He did, however, cook his chili for us to eat on Friday night.  The girls seem to love it and he is willing - - sooo.  He will not do any more with a needlepoint needle than pick it up off the floor for me, however.

Okay, I think the girls sum it up after a full, productive day of stitching, this is what we all wanted to do.



Well, I'm in the homestretch on the Leigh canvas so I better get back to it!

Wednesday is just around the corner!

Stitch with a Smile,

Sandy

No comments: