Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another hint.

Just one more day until you get the first actual page of the Stitch Sampler Notebook. (Okay guys, it is hard to say what I will call this thing from day to day but I'm sure you can figure out what I'm referring to by one or two key words here.)

Many of us have small pieces of canvas laying (should that be lying?) around that we can't bare to part with, but they are really too small to do anything with.  Well, the Stitch Sampler Notebook is the answer.  I keep one of the pencil packets that school children use and clip it in my notebook.  They already have the holes punched and ready to insert - easy, right?   I then cut these scrap pieces of canvas into a size that slips easily into one of the pockets of my protector sheets I used in the notebook. Approximately 2.5" x 3.5"  works for me. It doesn't matter if it is a little smaller than the slot. I keep a variety of fabric count too such as 18ct., 14ct., Congress cloth, Aida fabrics in several sizes - you get the picture.  (I know it is early in the morning here but I have confidence in your ability to function at this hour.) From these, I keep a small supply stored in my packet holder so they are right there when I am in the mood to test a sample stitch.  This way of testing provides the opportunity to save my work and retain my stitched sample.

I also keep some odds and ends of threads in the packet (pearl cotton, floss, silk, velvet), a small pair of scissors and a needle.  All tools ready to be utilized.  This may seem silly to some to have scissors and a needle packed as well, but I am the type person that if I sit down to do a sample and the scissors aren't handy, I will not be of the mind to get up and go hunt a pair - so the sample does not get stitched. So, I delete my stumbling blocks before they appear.



I think we are just about ready to begin creating our Stitch Sampler Notebook tomorrow.  

Let me know if you have any questions on anything that I might be able to clarify.

Until tomorrow, have a great day and 

Stitch with a smile!

Sandy

No comments: