Wednesday, January 9, 2013

We made it through session 2 of our temari class last night.  It was a little more intense - more so for some than for others - but I think we finally got through where everyone will have a beautifully marked ball ready for the top stitching at our session 3.  They ladies have done a fabulous job on their base and I am very proud of them each and every one.

Although not a very good picture, one of my students (whom I will dub Miss Smarty Pants) decided to bring me a sample of her knowledge - NOT!


(Sorry for the blur but we couldn't be good long enough for the pic to be snapped.)

We moved along quite well, but honestly some people were much too intense on this project.



Now those of you who have taken classes from me before don't you think this is waaaayyyy to serious for my group?


You can tell that several are outside their comfort zone.  Which is what learning is all about - Right?

I had a great time and I can promise you that after session 3 and at the show-and-tell for the meeting after that there will be some absolutely beautiful finished temari for all to be proud of.  Stay tuned for that.

Thanks Debbie for taking some pictures for us to share.

Back to reality.  My thread did not arrive yesterday to finish Squashed which means that I get to have a head start of Fast Friends.  I am so excited.  I'll keep you posted on that as we go along.

Supplies for Serendipity in Tuscaloosa, AL for the upcoming To The Beach class were shipped out last night and now to review the slide show, go over class notes, teaching plan, somewhere in there I am supposed to be thinking of personal packing (I think - but we all know that is secondary).

Starting to gather/pack items for the kits for TNNA Long Beach the end of the month.  They need to arrive in Long Beach before the 28th, so I will hit that hard after I return from Serendipity.

That's it for today.

Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy




No comments: