Saturday, August 24, 2019

Another ANG seminar has come and gone!

Seems like it was just yesterday that I was getting on a plane to teach 5 days at the ANG Seminar in Houston TX!  The time just flew by.  First was my class on the Texas Boot.  This 2-day class barely got started until it was over.

Next was a half-day on the Personalized Plaid tray insert.  I wish it could have been a full day but I think everyone was okay by the time we were through. We used a method different than Chottie's Plaid but I would have liked to have been able to share that method as well.

Then last but not least was the Winter Cardinal by Maggie.  Lots and lots of things to cover in this class.  We have a few glitches in the painted canvas but it was a wonderful surprise.  This gave us the opportunity to learn to relax and learn to improvise and correct the issue.  Everyone was great.

Next year we will be heading to Tucson, AZ for seminar.  I am fortunate to be teaching 2 classes there.

First will be the Crazy Needles Journey box top insert.  This is a 2-day class with prework.


This piece was named for its use of stitches that have geographical inferences - Hungarian, Romanian, French knots, etc.We use ribbon and beads as well as some other interesting embellishments.

A second class is the Flags of Glory.  


Who doesn't like red-white-blue designs?  Again we will play with ribbons, straw silks, Neon Rays, sequins and beads.

This coming week I will heading to Naperville - just outside Chicago - to teach several classes.  There will be two techniques classes - one on Beading on Needlework and one on Ribbons and Such. A third class is the What's That from JP Needlepoint.  I chose to refer to this as Succulents as it is made up of 28 plants.  You can't even imagine the number of stitches, techniques and threads we'll share as we go along.


Such fun!

NEEDLES 'N FINS STITCHING ADVENTURES

Wow!  We will be leaving for the Mediterranean before we know it.  We are all looking forward to sharing our time on the Azamara ship Pursuit!  It sounds lovely!  Can't wait.  We'll have lots of stitching time in between excursions, eating, drinking, excursions, drinking, eating - oh and napping of course.  I have some wonderful surprises I can't wait to share with everyone.

The kits for the the optional class have been shipped and being prepared for their journey by the individuals as they see fit.  I suggest mounting on stretcher bars but I realize that not all like to use them.


There is still time to get yours if you would like to join us.

I have the unique pleasure of meeting some of our participants face-to-face at the national Seminar.  I was unable to get a picture of all of us but I did manage to get Ginger and Joanne to hold still long enough for a quick snap.



Others are deciding just what they want to bring along to stitch on and possibly seek assistance or suggestions.  Some have shared their project with me so I could be thinking about possibilities.  We are going to have a great time.

Reservations are in progress for the Tulip Time on the Rhine stitching cruise in April 2020.  The design is being painted, tweaked, repainted, etc.  So exciting.




Be sure to email if want more details at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.  

Gotta get my act together for Naperville!  Until next time . . . 

No comments: