Tuesday, December 29, 2015

S.O.S. IN CYBERSPACE - an Online Embellishment Class


This new concept has been growing and from Session 1 we are now entering Session 3 and managing to survive and in the middle of our heaviest holiday season too.  We just lubber along (after looking up the definition of this word I had to go down about 5 examples before it fit but somehow that word just popped into my head and I wanted to use it)  at our own pace (almost) but we get it all in.  Some folks are entangled in life - can you imagine that - and can't always post a question right away; other folks have a kazillion questions ready and waiting.  And I approach the issues as I can give them the attention I feel they deserve. Bottom line - if you post 6 questions in the 6-month time span (and they cannot all be posted in month 6-no fair!) then you will get 6 suggestions.

What a delightful time I am having in this class!  I certainly hope my participants are getting as much, hopefully more, from this than I.  I choose to call those attending class as participants because many are far more experienced than I and I need not refer to them as students at this point and in this scenario.   We are not teaching per se we are sharing suggestions and ideas as to how to approach certain areas of beautiful canvases that might be hindering them at the moment and discouraging forward movement. We all come up against a brick wall every now and then and we welcome a different approach to the issue.  We may not always like it or use it but it might trigger yet another possible solution while traveling down the suggested path.

What beautiful canvases we are being exposed to!  Goodness knows there are plenty out there in the marketplace but we are given the opportunity to see some very unique ones that we might not otherwise encounter.  The quality has been superb and I feel very blessed at the caliber  of the designs my participants are sharing. And a great many the wonderful, top notch, designers are represented here as well.  Ones like Leigh Designs, Brenda Stofft, the collection, Melissa Shirley, Peter Ashe, Charley Harper, Raymond Crawford, Liz, oh gosh, I could go on and on.

Look at some of the wonderful areas that I get to analyze:



And we are just scratching the surface here.

This Online Mystery Class - S.O.S. in Cyberspace is not a stitch guide.  It is a class where you pay one fee upfront and ask a question about a specific area (or spot) of your canvas with which you are having some difficulty.  It might be hair, tree, sky, shell, belt, wing, etc.  But, additionally, not only is your problem area addressed, you are privy to the answers of all the other questions presented by those other participants!  Class size is limited  (15 to 20 (haven't decided if I want to make it that large yet - LOL) so potentially you are receiving 15 stitch suggestions each month for a 6 month period.

We are tentatively scheduling the next S.O.S. in Cyberspace class to begin around mid- February 2016.  The unofficial registration is well underway so if you are interested you must let me know as soon as you can so that I can put you on the notification list.  The 6-month lesson packet for this class is $200. Also, current enrollees have first preference until mid-January 2016 then registration will go by first come, first served.

Just thought I'd throw this in while I'm having my coffee and pondering today's stitching.  Let us know if you want to join us for the next S.O.S. in Cyberspace by emailing me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.  We'd love to have you join us!

Remember to Stitch with a Smile and I hope 2016 brings you all those wonderful canvases that are your heart's desire - get them!  Life is short!



No comments: