Sunday, November 1, 2015

NOVEMBER - New Time - New Online Mystery Class

The 'time-change' has occurred and I am in the process of trying to re-establish my inner clock.  I'm sitting in my room at the EGA National Seminar in San Antonio where I am currently teaching a couple of classes, and my 'inner clock' is still on Kentucky time (one hour behind), and now I must re-adjust yet again to allow for the time change.  So, while I'm thinking 7:30 am KY, 6:30 am Texas, it is actually now 5:30 am - urrrrgggghhhh.  Oh well, it will all even out - just can't be late for class!

I have had two delightful groups of students in my classes at the EGA Seminar.  My first class was the Pumpkin Spiced Tea group.  That is where I met Diana Card, a member of one of my current Online Mystery Classes - Beijing Butterflies.



Pumpkin Spiced Tea

Pumpkin Spiced Tea is scheduled to be taught next at Callaway Gardens Needlearts Seminar (http://www.callawaygardens.com/events/education-and-culture/callaway-gardens-school-of-needle-arts)   and Blue Bonnet Studio( http://bluebonnetstudio.com/retreat-classes/montue#307) Upcoming Seminars.   Check 'em out!   We'd love to have you join us in one of the classes.  We cover some bargello techniques, needle felting, combination stitches, stump work, etc.

Registration is now open for our next upcoming Online Mystery Class - Easter Rabbit with Morning Glories by Brenda Stofft.


This guy is just chocked full of techniques and is going to be so much fun!  Can you see the ribbon? rucking? beads? weaving? All kinds of possibilities!  And of course, there will be dimension galore!  The pretty Spring colors!  Silks, wools, cottons, nylon, metallics - oh well, we'll just have to wait and see what transpires as we go along. The design area is 7" x 11" on 18 mesh canvas (my cut canvas size is 12" x 15" for stretcher bars).

The teaching fee for this class is $150 for a 6-lesson packet which is invoiced through PayPal.  Private group lessons are shared on a secret Facebook page controlled by me.  You are encouraged to purchase your canvas and threads from your local needlework shop.  We are here to offer assistance when needed for obtaining these supplies.

The invoices will be distributed by mid-December (some have requested being billed now and we are happy to accommodate - gets you away from some of those holiday expenses).  The first lesson is scheduled for mid-January.  So, to join the group just drop me an email at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com and tell me you want in.  I need your email address to be able to include you in the group and process the invoice.

There are lots more fantastic classes in the future and you can pick up on more detailed information for them by scrolling down through previous postings here.  Our S.O.S. in Cyberspace (an online embellishment class) is lots of fun and covers a plethora of techniques, questions, canvases, etc.  A second session will be following the current one so be sure to watch for that as well and let me know if you have an interest.  That group is limited to 15 students.

Well, the shower calls and I must get ready for my last day of class teaching the Trio of Diamonds ornament to a fantastic group of ladies.



Have a wonderful weekend and always remember to stitch with a smile!

Sandy

No comments: