Wednesday, September 30, 2015

TOMORROW IS OCTOBER!  NO WAY!

I have no idea how many times I've said this but I can hear my Mother say time and time again - as you get older the time flies.  Well I must be ancient because time is really zooming by!  I was laughing with a friend the other day when we were discussing that this was 2015 and at how amazed and flabbergasted we were at the year 2000!  Growing up I never heard the words 'year 2000'!  It was just unabsorbable (is that a word?)  I was raised in the country in the Appalachian Mountains where poverty reigned and I don't ever remember any old people - if you made it to 60 you were unbelievably old - except for very few like my great-grandmother.  So thinking to another century wasn't something that was every touched upon.  Anyway, Welcome October and every other day that the Good Lord seeks to bestow upon me.

So being a new month brings on new deadlines like the last lesson in Ladybug Tea through the ANG CyberWorkshop.  What?  We just started?  This has always been a happy, colorful and fun piece for me to teach.



But wait!  Look at other looming deadlines!  The next one is personal fun for me!  I am meeting one of my CEU requirements under the Senior Master Teacher Certification program by being able to take a class locally with Phillipa Turnbull teaching her Oakapple.

Then, also personally, I am going to meet a friend and we are going to play at the Needlepoint Nation runaway at The Nashville Needleworks in TN for four blissful days.  What a lovely fall adventure!  There I will visit with treasured friends and meet and make some new ones too!  We are going to have a blast!

And to help stave off boredom, I get to post Lesson 4 of the Online Mystery Class - Easter Wreath




Here are some of the beautiful eggs we have finished so far:

                                     

Aren't they wonderful?

And of course Lesson 3 for the Online Mystery Class - Beijing Butterflies -



Here's one of the beautiful flowers we have done so far in this mysterious adventure:


This exclusive design from Leigh Designs has so much to offer!  I am enjoying every minute of sharing.

Then I am posting frequently in the special Online Embellishment Class -S.O.S. in CyberSpace.  What fantastic eye candy we have in this journey.  There are fabulous canvases presented from Brenda Stofft (multiple) , several Charley Harper, Melissa Shirley (multiple), the collection, Sally Corey, Peter Ashe, Strictly Christmas, Pepperberry, Leigh Designs, Alice Peterson - and on and on.  And the wonderful thing about this class is that we all get to share in each other's designs, issues and suggested solutions.  It just keeps getting better.  With such quality designs to work with how can it not be a fabulous adventure? It is so exciting and inspiring!

Next on the agenda is getting the next scheduled Online Mystery Class - Cats in a Dinghy registration finished up and invoices prepared.


This fun and happy piece is by Annie Lane and is going to work up quickly and provide entertainment along the way.  Look at those 'fishies'!  How can you not smile?  The first lesson for this class will be posted mid-November.  There is still time to enroll if you would like to join us.

We have so many more wonderful canvases scheduled for the year through September 2016 that I get antsy and want to share everything right now!  However, I need to learn to hold back and save a few surprises.  But I will say that we have in the wings designs from the collection, Brenda Stofft, Melissa Prince and Eye Candy just to name a few.  So be sure to stay tuned and don't miss a beat!  (Those of you coming to the Nashville Retreat will get to see some of the canvases in person as I select threads for my creative madness!)

FOR INFORMATION ON ANY OF THE UPCOMING CLASSES EMAIL ME AT: duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.

And, as a friend so graciously reminded me, I need to finish my kits for my classes at the EGA National Seminar in San Antonio - oh gosh, it can't be that time already!

I better get my second cup of coffee and get to work on a custom stitch guide so I can 'play' with my other exciting projects!

Have a great week and remember to stitch with a smile!  Please enjoy your stitching at least half as much as I do!

Sandy



No comments: