Friday, February 22, 2013

Temari!

November, December and January were very hectic months for me stitchingwise.  So, there are several ways I take a brief break from my needlepoint (horrors!).  I have been an avid knitter for years, crocheted since I was 8 (20 yrs. or so ago), do needle felting, beading, and on and on.  These past few weeks our Temari group had a challenge hosted by a very talented and generous lady Joan.  We did the Ninja Star.

This design required that we make a C8 ball before we could begin the pattern.  Once we had the ball marked we began adding bands around from north pole to south pole down both sides.




 and then we changed and added a set of bands around equator.


Once we  had the 3 sets of bands woven we changed gears.  Now we needed to add squares around the 6 areas of all 6 intersections.  Can you see a star?  I didn't either.  But, wait . . .


There, that's a little better.  We had choices of how to continue.  I chose to continue filling in between the squares with black so the star would be a little more obvious.  Not too, too bad for a first effort and I am positive my next one will be much better.  But, it was a fun challenge and I am anxious to make another.  There were some great variations created by the participants.




So, this is how I have been spending the last few days relaxing.

Now, I must get back to my other swtitching.

Have a great day and stitch with a smile!

Sandy


2 comments:

Cassie, Nandra, Lauren said...

Sandy,
You go girl. This is fabulous! My colors of course! Cassie

Napa Needlepoint said...

Sandy --

This is stunning, now I know why I quit doing Temari -- I could never be that good.

Keep Stitching,
Janet