Saturday, March 14, 2020

March 14

Gosh that week in LaJolla sure did fly by!  Weather was wonderful and it was great getting to see everyone again.  Next year will be here before we know it.

Since returning home much has happened and events have drastically changed.  NAN Assembly in Troy, MI cancelled; the wholesale market in Orlando canceled and near and dear to my heart, the Tulip Time on the Rhine Stitching Adventure was cancelled.  Like everyone else we sit here waiting to hear options, developments, etc.

I have very mixed feelings about these cancellations.  I always look forward to the events that I contract for - if I didn't I wouldn't schedule them.  So like many of you I am heartbroken that things have turned out as they have.  We can all speculate that in a month it will all blow over - but . . . what if it doesn't?  From that standpoint I am relieved that others made the tough decision for us to stay home and try to stay safe.  Hubby and I are in that 'elderly' category where we have been warned to not travel.  I, however, would have been right there unless forced to do otherwise.  Hubby maybe not so much.

So we sit here - stitching as usual - but feeling confused and unsettled as we await word for our next move.  Delta has asked not to be contacted unless flight is within 72 hours so that is on hold for a couple days as my next flight was set for next week, March 19.  I was looking forward to a lovely friend picking me up at the airport and our maybe sneaking off for a fun dinner before starting the formal part of my trip.  But it is for the best and something to be considered in the future.

I am so sympathetic to all those in the travel industry!  I cannot imagine the nightmare they are all going through and I ask that those involved in any of my events please try to remain patient with them as you have been.  They so appreciate it.

ONLINE MYSTERY CLASSES

Almost time for our Online Mystery Class lessons to be posted.  Seems like we just posted these a few days ago!

Second lesson for the Fall Welcome Wreath
At The Seashore has the third lesson to be shared.

Registration is very active for Kissmas Eve which is scheduled to begin mid-May:



Lovable Llama will begin in mid-July


Two by Two mid-September hopefully:


Just send an email to duodesignsinc@yahoo.com if you would like to be added to the notification list for any of these classes.  No obligation.  About a month prior to the class you will get an email stating that invoices have been sent to those who expressed an interest in the class.  If still interested just pay the invoice - if no longer interested just ignore.  Once invoices are processed you will receive an invitation to join a secret Facebook group.  There the first draft of materials will be posted and you'll begin meeting others who are joining the class.  Lessons will be posted to this group according to the schedule of that particular c lass.

ETSY Shop - duodesignsbySandra

I am amazed at how many people do not read postings in Etsy thoroughly.  For instance, we state that the item is a Stitch Guide in the heading (listing), we state that it is a Stitch Guide in the description, we state that it is a Stitch Guide only and state that since PDF downloadable format the purchase is non-refundable as we have no way to determine if in fact the product was downloaded.  I get at least one-two emails a week stating they thought they were purchasing a canvas or a full kit.  I am at wits end trying to figure out how to be any more plain or direct as to what is offered.  Oh well always a challenge - keeps life interesting.

NEEDLES 'N FINS STITCHING ADVENTURES

As stated above our Tulips cruise has been cancelled.  So we turn our thoughts to our next adventure.

We have our ad in the recent edition of Needlepoint Now for our upcoming Hawaiian Island Hopping Cruise.  This is going to be such fun.  We are 'forced' to use a little larger ship (approx. 2200) because there is only one line that does a cruise to all the islands.  But I'm sure we can adjust this one time! Brochures are being finalized.

PAY IT FORWARD - Hearts A to Z  Sampler - Free weekly stitch

JACQUARD



For my square I chose a metallic and a plain thread.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss a posting - - - I am missing "I stitch".