Saturday, July 27, 2019


Some Relief!

Weather is finally cooling down a little!  I imagine that lots of rain has had something to do with that result.

My Stumpwork Patriotic Angel is on her way to Hampton Court Palace for the Royal School of Needlework Exhibit.  With her red, white and blue and her American flag I do not think there is any doubt that she represents America!  I am very proud of what she represents.  Safe travels my angel and have a safe trip back home next year!


Fingers have been busily working on JP Needlepoint's What's That - which I choose to call Succulents. There are 28 plants on this design and very little room for basketweave.


I will be teaching this piece at Stitcher's Garden in Naperville (outside Chicago), IL late August.  It will be lots of fun and a lot of techniques will be shared. For some reason I could not settle for basketweave on any of these plants.  I worry about something being too busy but this piece just kept telling me that I had to do a stitch for this one, or another stitch for that one, etc.  All in all I am pleased with the final results. Maybe I can share a photo with you next week.

National ANG Seminar - Houston, TX

Kit preparation has consumed most of my week however.  Kits have been shipped off for the ANG Seminar in Houston and Models for ANG Tucson 2020 and ANG Minnesota 2020 have also been shipped.  They have also been received so a sigh of relief there!

NEEDLES 'N FINS STITCHING ADVENTURES

The Mediterranean Stitching Memories Cruise is SOLD OUT!  Sadly, we had to turn a few away.  But now they know all about us and are looking forward to future trips.

Kits for the Optional Project were completed and mailed for the Mediterranean Stitching Memories Cruise this October.



It is always a sigh of relief once kits are actually done and out the door.  It is at that point that I feel a sense of accomplishment. I can't wait to share some of the techniques with the stitching participants.  Those who are not doing the optional kit should bring a doodle cloth in case you want to play with some of the techniques.

Now I am trying to get the straps created for the tote bag - I am very excited about where this is going so fingers crossed that all my ideas work!

Tulip Time on the Rhine - April 2020

Yep, people are registering for this wonderful riverboat stitching cruise!  We will be returning to one of our favorite lines - UniWorld!  And we will be arriving when the tulips should be in full bloom.  It is no wonder why this is a popular stitching adventure.




For some reason I have been drawing tulips lately!  Hmmmm!  To join us just email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com or Liz at lwolak@vikingtvl.com.  There is a brochure in the file section but we will gladly forward your very own copy if you prefer.

Okay have a great weekend and I am back to my favorite pastime - stitching!







No comments: