Saturday, June 10, 2017

TOO MUCH FUN!

I am just having the best time in my 'senior' years!  I am surrounded by all this beautiful needlework and I get to select what I want to work on.  As you may have noticed, I mostly work on things that are fun and that are receptive to some funky threads and different techniques.  That's just me.

ONLINE MYSTERY CLASSES UPDATE

Invoices for the upcoming CUPCAKES have been mailed.  Those who ordered kits through my contacts have been contacted by private email and advised when to expect them in the mail.  SUCH FUN!

Remember if you are ordering your canvas from your LNS (as you should) be sure to state that it is the canvas for Sandy's class.  This one is slightly larger than the first one released.

BB Needlepoint Designs

QUICKIES

The first lesson has gone out for the first canvas of the new QUICKIE SERIES - USA Star by Raymond Crawford.    The second lesson will be released in the upcoming week.  This kit caused a few bumps for me (not my students) as I added a thread at the last minute so had to do a separate mailing, and I discovered that I picked up the wrong sized beads which involves a second mailing on my part.  The beads aren't used until the second lesson so no harm on that one.  Just working out the kinks.

Now on to prepare for the Second QUICKIE SERIES - EAGLE Star by Raymond Crawford.


Working on this guy now.  As I have stated many times, I am a flag waver and for some reason I tear up when I work on him.  Don't know if he reminds me of my Dad (Daddy) or what but he really gets to me.  He is the most serious piece in the series.  

If you want to join in this quick turnaround class just email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com. The all-inclusive class is $125 and is invoiced through PayPal.

Future QUICKIES! 

Next up will the Uncle Sam Exclusive from Pepperberry Designs.



And wait until you see what is in the wings.  Another exclusive is being hand painted as we speak.  I have a couple more ready in the red-white-blue patriotic type theme still to go.

Now we need another theme to add to our fun.  Let me know if you have something in mind that you'd like to make a bouquet of finished pieces.

RETREATS!

The early part of 2018  I have several retreats that I will be teaching.  Two I can share with you now.

One is the retreat held at Winterthur Museum in Delaware in - March 23-25, 2018.



This Retreat is hosted by Art Needlepoint.  I was attracted to this venue when invited because of the inclusion of our youth.  The brochure states that participants may bring a youngster between the ages of 10 and 18 free of charge to attend class with them.  And the youngster will be given a canvas upon which they may try stitches to learn as we go.  Isn't that fantastic?  For more details check out the various links that are available.

http://artneedlepoint.com/art-needlepoint-winterthur-needle…

Here's an early registration link:
https://artneedlepoint.worldsecuresystems.com/new-arrivals/winterthur-retreat-full-registration-10-off


These are the pieces I will be teaching:
Shepherd and His Flock

Fruit and Flowers
Go check it out - I believe there is still time for an early registration discount.

Then - - -

Needlepointing in New England - April 27-29,2018

Another lovely venue!  Lucky me!  I get to teach this wonderful Maggie Designs piece:

Winter Cardinal

I understand that spaces are filling quickly so be sure to check and reserve your spot right away.  We would love to play with you!  Here's a link for info:

http://enrichedstitch.com/april-2018/

Okay, I think that's all I can share this week.  Stay tuned . . . . always something going on!

No comments: