Saturday, May 27, 2017


BEAUTIFUL DAY IN CENTRAL KENTUCKY

FIRST OF THE 'QUICKIES' SHIPPED AND READY FOR LESSON ONE!

Raymond Crawford's USA Star is shining bright on this holiday weekend. While it may be alone for this holiday there are more joining it soon - very soon!  The first lesson will be sent the beginning of the week - Monday or Tuesday.  If you are participating and do not receive an email from me let me know right away at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.  If you would still like to join us just email me at the same address and we'll get you all set.  This is easily completed before the 4th of July!  Just sayin'!













Help celebrate Memorial Day, Presidents Day, Flag Day, Armed Forces Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Patriot Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, and every day to show our pride in being Americans and enjoying the Freedom our military have sacrificed to ensure for us.  I am proud to say that I come from a long line of military personnel, both enlisted personnel and career officers, closest to me is my hubby who was a Marine and served 4 years during the Korean Conflict - Father, Brother, many Cousins, Uncles, etc.  I am a flag waver and proud of it!

Next up will be the Eagle Star from Raymond.  This guy will stand majestically proud next to the USA Star!  





This all-inclusive kit is $120 which includes the hand painted canvas, threads and two-lessons posted in pdf format. Email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com if interested.  

Are you ready for a BIG surprise?  Look who will follow in the 'QUICKIE' Series!  Uncle Sam!


Uncle Sam is an exclusive for Duo Designs for our Quickie Series.  He is from Pepperberry Designs!  I am so excited to be able to share him with you.  Don't have all inclusive kit cost yet  (I'm guessing between $130 and $150) but design area is approximately 4" x 5.25".  Isn't he perfect to join our group! Email me if you would like to be on the notification list - duodesignsinc@yahoo.com

Keep in mind that these classes have limited enrollment because of canvas availability.  We estimate the number needed for the anticipated enrollment and when they are gone they are gone.  We do not reorder so that we may have a quick (QUICKIE) turn around.

OTHER HAPPENINGS:

This past week I was featured on the Fibertalk Podcast with Gary and Christine.
   
If you missed the Podcast and would like to listen here is a direct link to it.                    http://wetalkfiber.com/2017/05/21/fiber-talk-with-sandra-arthur/

During the conversation Christine and I discussed the issue of sore fingers from quilting.  I shared with her that I still have the same issue when I do marathon stitching (which is all the time).  One finger gets holes poked in it and is very difficult to work around.  And, I cannot, just flat out cannot wear a thimble. Never fear!  Jim and Terry Collingham of Colonial Needles always come to the rescue. They have several wonderful products that I have used on various occasions - the occasions dictate that I usually use the one I can find in my stuff first.  But I love them all and they work wonders.  So I thought I'd divert a little and share some of these with you.

My first choice is the ThimblePad.  This is Item #SM100 and has 12 pads in the package.  These little leather pads have a self-adhesive backing and I just place them on the sensitive spot.  The picture I am sharing shows one of the leather pads that I have used for a week - I have washed my hands several times during the day, and I remove it at night and place it in a safe place to use it again the next day (hoping I can remember where I put it).  Once the adhesive no longer holds or it gets so grungy that I can't stand it, I will toss it and use another one.  I cherish them and get every minute of use out of them that I can. They are wonderful buffers for me in my daily stitching.  


                             










Another protective finger tip pad I use when I don't need quite the thick protection of the ThimblePad is  Thimble-It.  These guys are thinner and oval in shape.  I generally use them for the day and toss them - mainly because they are clear and I can't find them if I take them off.


Then there is what I call the big guns! The ThimbleCrown.

These guys are like the tip end of the metal thimbles (that I just cannot wear).  They, too, have an adhesive tab for securing to your finger tips.  I find these very helpful when I am doing some heavy type stitching that is difficult to push the needle through - for instance leather, or some types of appliqué.  

So if your needlepoint shop does not carry these (and please don't expect them to but you can ask them as many do - or maybe they'd like to know about them to add) they are generally available at craft stores and almost all fabric stores.  The first place I look is in the quilting section.

STITCH GUIDES

As classes are completed a revised (and much condensed) stitch guide is offered for commercial sale.  There are entirely too many pictures shared in the Online Class that cannot be included in a commercial guide as the price would be extremely high so time is needed for editing before offer to general public is possible. Also, from time to time, I am able to fit in a few custom requests for stitch guides. These various stitch guides are available through my website www.duodesignsinc.com and are downloadable.  Check the menu bar across the top to view what is available. The Webmaster tries to keep them listed by designer.

ONLINE MYSTERY CLASSES:  

The first lesson was posted for the Laurel Burch design by Danji Songbirds.  



We did the background - surprise! right? - and the tree branches that the birds perch on.  This will prepare us for the really fun stuff ahead!

Another couple of candles were added to the Menorah:



Steampunk Fox now has a coat and trousers:



And the Large Easter Rabbit also has a wonderful jacket and hat.


Get ready for the upcoming new classes as well!  More about those later.  But I do want to mention that the next one is CUPCAKES!



First lesson is scheduled to post mid-July!  Invoices will be sent the first of June.  If you would like to join in this whimsical piece just send an email to duodesignsinc@yahoo.com


Have you registered for the Needlepoint in New England Retreat April 2018?  If not you better hurry as classes are filling quickly.  Here's the link: website http://enrichedstitch.com/april-2018 -

I am teaching the wonderful exclusive from Maggie that I call Winter Cardinal.  So fun.  I believe there are a couple spots left but don't know for how long.  Go have a look!


So, need to get back at it here!  Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!

Remember to stitch with a smile!

No comments: