Sunday, August 9, 2015

BUZZIN' LIKE BEES!

There is a regular hubbub going on at Arthur Acres.  I have so many beautiful canvases looking at me and I want to stitch on them all and I want to do it now!  How do you do that?  I can generally solve problems that perplex me but this is one that I cannot.  Maybe I should start by redefining my dilemma.  First off it is not a problem.  It should be classified as a desire or wish.  Too many canvases and not enough time is never a problem - for me it is heaven! (well not the 'not enough time' part).

Our Online Mystery Classes are moving along quite smoothly.  Just one lesson left on Harvest after yesterday's posting and it has turned out magnificently!  I am so pleased with it.  Pictures will be posted after the last lesson is shared.

Easter Wreath is going to have its second lesson posted here in a few days.  These eggs are so cute and work up quickly. Good feedback so far!

Beijing Butterflies will be opening their wings to their first lesson.  This exclusive design is a show stopper - so elegant!

The next new adventure is the S.O.S. in CyberSpace embellishment online class.


While this class doesn't officially start until mid-September, some are anxious and ready to go so I have opened it up for them.  Once payment is processed they are free to start posting questions, pictures, etc. They may or may not be participating in other classes where they feel a deadline so they are anxious to get past a possible stumbling block that may be holding them back on finishing that special piece.  (Shouldn't feel deadline pressure in our classes cause we work come as you are and whenever you want!)  But, those who are not ready to begin before the mid-September class time, worry not because we have everything right there for you to see and save just like everyone else when you do sign in.

Once payment is processed the participants have been invited to join the Secret Facebook Page.  There they meet their fellow participants with whom they will share questions, suggestions and options.  I can already tell we are going to have a fantastic time here.  I have the best students!  They follow the rules:  main rule - have fun!  

It is a journey going through what other people are stitching or what appeals to them.  What works for one may not work for another.  Working through the process is enlightening, challenging and rewarding.  Already in this first lesson I shared some stitches that have not been published yet but are in the new upcoming books Shapes V which is Backgrounds and Shapes VI which is Darning Patterns.  So we are not just rehashing the same ole same ole.  That doesn't mean to say that we won't visit our trusty familiar stitches but we are open to trying something new and if it doesn't work, we chuck it and try something else!  Heck, we're flexible. There are times that basketweave is just the perfect answer no matter what. Besides, I happen to like basketweave.

If you want to join us just send me an email to duodesignsinc@yahoo.com and I'll get details out to you.  There is still plenty of time to participate.

In my spare time I'm working on models for the TNNA Winter Market that will be in San Diego this year.  These are always exciting and they really push me because the designers present me with items I may have never noticed before thus forcing me to reach beyond my comfort zone.  I love it!

And, finally, it is so difficult for me to not jump from one project to another.  (I didn't say I don't do it, I said it is difficult not to!)  I have all the future Online Mystery Class canvases lined up on my coffee table and I look at them constantly as I stitch on whatever it is I'm working on.  It is amazing how an idea will pop up from nowhere or something reminds me of something else, or all kinds of 'what about's.  I can honestly say that things are never boring here at Arthur Acres!

If you are a Facebook Friend of mine you will notice that I do try to share upcoming sales or trunk shows that I know are going on by a designer that we are going to be doing a class for. I hope this will give you the opportunity to take advantage of an extra sale or spur you on to get that canvas ordered.  It can take anywhere between 8-15 weeks to get a painted canvas.  So those of you who know for sure you are going to do a particular class I suggest you get that canvas ordered now!  It can be so frustrating to have fellow students working on their project and you are still waiting for yours to arrive.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stitch with a smile1

Sandy



No comments: