Thursday, September 25, 2014

NASHVILLE NEEDLEWORKS ON THE HORIZON WITH WIZARD OF PAWS!

Gosh, it can't be end of September already!  The good thing about that is that it is time for me to head for Nashville to teach (play) with Brenda Stofft's wonderful canvas of Black Cat with Heirloom Pumpkins, which I have dubbed the Wizard of Paws!

I don't normally drive further than three hours but my husband expressed an interest in maybe going with me so the decision to drive.  However, as time has gotten closer, like this week! he decided that he would really prefer to stay home, but he would drive me if I really wanted him to, etc., etc., etc., - in other words - he didn't want to go but would not say it.

Friends to the rescue.  I messaged a friend and asked her what she was doing and was she up to running away to Nashville with me to be totally abandoned while I teach.  She was up for it and said she needed to get away from the house for a few days - providing hubby would puppy sit - which he jumped on immediately.  Other than my prior pets, these are some of the sweetest babies you would ever want to be around and they will keep him company.

So my to do list before I leave in the morning:

*Kit two classes for Houston and get them shipped! (still waiting for a thread that I pray is in the morning mail): includes bagging beads, beads, and more beads.
*Print and package 70 stitch guides for shipping to class.
*Ship off EGA National Seminar class pieces.
*Finishing touches on a commissioned model and stitch guide (which might have to happen in the auto)
*Dr. appt concerning possible upcoming hip replacement (now when am I going to have time for that???)
*Hair cut
*Pack for Nashville
*Review slides and class notes

Oh, did I mention that I would like to stitch on commissioned other models and work on stitch guides?

I love it!  It is such a joy to be able to work at something you have a passion for.  That doesn't mean it is not work and that doesn't mean that it doesn't get frustrating and stressful at times, it just means that at least you love what you are doing and don't dread going to work each morning.

Okay, enough of this - I could have bagged 20 sets of beads in this time.

Stay tuned for Mod Ornaments update.  It is such an exciting Mystery Class!

Till next time, stitch with a smile!

Sandy

No comments: