Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday Whimsies - July 17, 2013 - Diane's Lace

Can you believe it is the middle of July?  Time just flies and flies and I'm just having fun and fun!

My computer is on a hunger strike or something this week so I'm working from not such great resources but we will get 'er done.

Today I want to share Diane's Lace with you.  (Normally this stitch is not to be capitalized when referencing it but since this posting is about stitches I thought it would be nice to give it a little respect,)

I like this stitch for backgrounds particularly.  I think it has a great line to it.  I have used it for overall backgrounds or just sections such as sky and water.  I don't know why, but I always think of this stitch in blues first.  I know I suggest shrubs, etc., which, of course, would not normally be blue, but I'm talking about how I generally see this stitch.  (I say normally because I just left teaching four days at Designer's Desk in Geneva, IL and we had cats that were purple, pink, blue, green, etc.; green horse; purple fish; white pumpkin; orange hummingbird - no wonder I'm confused.)



So, since I think blue, I decided to do the sample in purple - ha ha!  See what a pretty pattern it makes.  Great clothing, draperies, upholstery, etc.

Okay, I have a date with my computer.  It is laying (or is it lying) on the floor with all kinds of plugs disconnected and now I need to figure out how to connect them all again.  I must get it fixed because I want to share some of my fun I had at Designer's Desk this past long weekend.

Have fun and remember to stitch with a smile!

Sandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a good stitch but I found this difficult to compensate - I probably used it in too an area.