Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Village Sampler - St. Albans,WV




Well, I had a great time in my home state and mingling with like-minded women.  We had no trouble communicating at all!

Pat McClure was a wonderful hostess as was her husband Bo.  They really worked to make us all comfortable.  And I do mean all.  We had 11 in an embellishment class.  Ole Sandy's butt was hoping around that shop I tell you!  But Bo kept me supplied with ice and Pat kept the soft drinks on hand.

Pat hard at work

Now the students, in addition to Pat, certainly made sure that we didn't go hungry.  There was a constant supply of sweets, cookies, brownies, veggies, wonderful dips, great crackers, fruits, meatballs, salads, on and on.  We hardly had time to stitch!

We had a diverse group and a diverse bunch of canvases - from teeny tiny ones to humongeous ones.  But they all had one thing in common - needlepoint.  Most of the class had never taken an embellishment class before and had no idea what to expect.  Some thought they were to get full blown stitch guides, some thought they were to get all the threads, etc., etc.  But we worked through it and all were stitching away.  It is so sad  that I can't be there to watch each piece develop as it is being stitched. It is such fun to watch them come to life with each different thread and stitch or technique.

I had a wonderful time and am thrilled that I have been invited back again.  I didn't get to take any pictures because I was too busy running around but maybe next time.  However,  Debbie was on the ball and managed to get some photos and shared some with us.  Thank you Debbie.

I got to meet Cathie from the Stitch Sampler Notebook group.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webstitchsamplernotebook
Isn't it fun to connect with someone you meet on the internet  face to face?




















Thank you Pat and Debbie for spearheading this event, and all the participants who supported Pat in this new adventure and allowed me to come along for the ride.

Until next time,

Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy

No comments: