Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WEDNESDAY WHIMSIES -NOVEMBER 6, 2013

Yes, it is November!  My, my, where has the time gone.  I was so startled the other day as I quickly checked into Facebook and someone posted that there were only 8 Fridays until Christmas!  Come on people!  At that time we still had Halloween and Thanksgiving to celebrate!  Anyway, it is definitely fall here in Central Kentucky!  And my husband can attest to the fact that the trees are quickly becoming bare.  We are having very sporadic weather.  One week I can have beautiful fires in the fireplace and the next I can open the door and let fresh air in.  Go figure.

Since the season is so short, we must, unfortunately, start digging out the holiday decorations.  We have our first holiday get together on December 7 and I am teaching in Baltimore at Bedecked and Bedazzled the weekend after Thanksgiving so that doesn't give me much time to get festive.  Then there is something every weekend after that until the first of the year.  Then you know what happens.  Repack everything in between teaching assignments.  It is a never ending cycle isn't it?

Anyway, for this week I am sharing one of my favorite stitches with you.  The braided heart can be a little tricky because you have to count.  I know, I can hear the moans out there, but it is worth it.  And, if you use a stranded thread, like I did on the sample, you must lay them.  But look at it!  Isn't it pretty.








Take your time and enjoy this stitch.  It is a real addition to your Sampler Notebook.

Enjoy and be sure to stitch with a smile!

Sandy

No comments: