Sunday, December 13, 2020



 A CRUISIN' WE WILL GO!  A CRUISIN' WE WILL GO!  HI HO . . . . .

I know, it is kinda hard to think of cruising and wonderful tropical weather during this time.  Even the thoughts of mingling with friends is getting fuzzy.  But when I get to thinking on those lines I just go pull up my albums of the past stitching cruising trips we have shared together and the magic returns.  That's what it is all about - making memories with instant friends who share at least one passion but generally many more - one being traveling.  There is history, many quilters, knitters, historians, collectors - just a wonderful variety and we all fall in love and come away enriched with more beautiful friendships and memories.

We are getting so excited while awaiting the brochure for the upcoming Hawaiian Island Hopping Stitching Cruise!  Look at this map! Is that Hawaiian music I hear in the background?  I just say the word to myself and the ukuleles start strumming!

While waiting for the brochure you may contact Russ, our agent, direct and discuss some preliminaries with him.  He has the info - just waiting for the polished brochure.  Email:  russ@platinumtvl.com

There is lots more to share concerning the upcoming stitching cruises so stay tuned.  Also, if you have not already done so, sign up to follow the group Needles 'N Fins Stitching Adventures.  This is a private group of individuals who love to travel and stitch!  We share ideas and welcome suggestions for upcoming adventures.  Most all my previous cruisers are in this group so feel free to ask questions. Join right in!

MEANWHILE AT ARTHUR ACRES . . . 

Holiday celebrations have kicked in and it is beginning to 'sound' more festive.  Hanukkah is in full swing and Christmas is less than 2 weeks away.  We watched a lovely Hallmark movie last night where two families were blending and honoring the beliefs of each other.  I found it very endearing.  I would be interested to know how my friends who know more about the Jewish beliefs felt about the things shared in this 'entertainment.'  I thought it was lovely but certainly have no idea as to the authenticity of representations. I think the movie was more of coexisting and thus easily watched.

We have not exchanged gifts for the last couple of years as the young families have extended families of their own and it is difficult to work all the 'gotta' go sees in place.  A few years ago it was decided to cut back and have a dollar limit and do stuff for the stockings - hmmm is that why they are called stocking stuffers?  Anyway I don't like that.  But who I am?  The mere matriarch that who! So I told the kids to do whatever you want but Poppie and I are having presents under the tree.  I am having so much fun! Nothing extravagant but fun!

Shopping is kinda weird as I am doing everything online - even the local stuff.  But this is right up my alley because I do NOT like to shop - even online.  I don't know where my kids got that gene - must have been from their daddy and my mother  because it is not in my blood. I'm one of these that if I need milk I go get milk and do not see the millions of bargains between the front door, the milk cooler and the register. Hubby goes in to get a gallon of milk and comes back and hour later with 20 grocery bags of stuff - and there are just the two of us! Well that is one of his vices- we know what mine is!

We have been blessed with wonderful weather for this weekend and then the bottom is supposed to drop out.  Weatherman won't make a commitment on snow for Christmas yet but it is what it is and a much Greater Power has control over that stuff.  We'll adjust and be thankful to be here to participate.  We recognize each day how blessed we are and even more so during this pandemic stage of our world.

COMING UP SOON!

We are in the proofing stage of our next new pocketbook!  I can't wait to share details with you but you must be patient with me.  Hopefully next week I can share more.  

ONLINE MYSTERY CLASSES

I need your help. Is there interest in doing this cutie for an online class?  

This is Jeweled Puff Hearts.  I have been asked to consider as a project. As with most designs now it would take 8-12 weeks to get the canvas but that doesn't stop us from making plans. There may be some shops that have this in their stock so keep your eyes open.  You would be ahead of the game.

If you are interested in the class you must let me know right away and it will require a deposit of $100 so we can get the canvases ordered for those needing assistance.  Email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com and we'll get to work right away.  The class would not start until at least Fall or Winter 2021. 

Just considering the name of the design makes all kinds of things happen in my head - 'Puff' oh my just gotta do some dimensional stuff right?  'Jeweled' - look out! The beads and sew-on gems are going to be all over the place.  I already see bugle beads  and I've never seen the canvas in person. The design is listed as 14" x 14" on 18ct canvas.

ALREADY IN QUE - 

BESTIES from Duo Designs is gonna be the new kid on the block.  She is one of the Long Neck Friends Series of canvases. She and her Friends - Girl Friends, DragonFli, and Best Friends were introduced at the virtual market just passed.


Such cuteness.  Well we already know she has to be somewhat fuzzy - right?  But look at those adorable eyes!  Full of wonder and love.  Eyelashes ain't so bad either.  Whatever will we do with that purple hair bow on the side and polka dots no less!  Then look perched upon her beak.  Her best buddy - Froggie. This class will probably  be four sessions and is slated to begin mid-February (mid-March at the latest).  The costs for the sessions packet is $150.  So email us to get on the notification list and get those canvases ordered - I see some shops have begun calling and ordering so going to be lots of fun!  Email duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.

This coming week we will begin our first lesson in the Felting on Needlework class being executed on the adorable Spring Welcome bunny from PLDesigns.

Everyone has their canvases and kits and are ready to begin.  I'm excited to share this class of felting, appliquéing, beading and stump work with them!  YAY!

January brings another new class to the forefront.  Two by Two from Strictly Christmas. This piece has been such a joy to stitch.  

The plan is for each pair of animals to have their own session.  A couple of the smaller ones will share but the point is that when a lesson is done - that section and another pair of animals on the project is done! 

We are featuring the next adorable pair on the Ark- the Hippos!  OMGoodness such hugeness, I mean cuteness.  Who doesn't love a purple hippo?

The next new class on the agenda is Raymond Crawford's American Train.

The first train is scheduled to hit the classroom mid-March.  Now here's the catch.  The painters have promised to try and have the canvases out by mid-March.  We have personally reserved 10 sets and some are already spoken for so don't drag your feet on this one if interested.  Let your shop know so they can get them ordered as well.  

        A little caution here - the USA car was designed specifically for this class but we did not
        request an exclusive (I don't like to do that) - so when ordering make sure to ask for the
        USA car and not the wreath car.  

The reason we are starting the class mid-March is to allow time to have them finished by the 4th of July hopefully.  That means the 6 sessions will be covered approximately one lesson every 2 weeks.  The 6 session packet for this class will be $175.

That's all the new class activity for now.  Let me know your feelings about the Jeweled Puff Hearts so we can get the wheels in motion on this one if there is enough interest. As always, it is your call!

ETSY shop -  DuoDesignsbySandra        

From the activity in the online shop you can tell people are sticking close to home and browsing the Internet.  For those of you who do not know, this shop is where we market our Stitch Guides.  There are a few odd and ends canvases but these are extras from classes we have hosted and when they are gone they are gone.  No reorder type of stuff there.  Also no DuoDesigns, Inc. canvases are retailed here.  You must order those through your LNS.

Okay, I have a pair of animals to get stitched and determine the threads so the shops can prepare.  Until next week please stay safe and healthy!  


No comments: