Saturday, October 12, 2019

Goodness me!  Only a few weeks away from our Mediterranean Stitching Adventure!

Am I ready?  No?  Anything major to do? No?  Am I excited?  Yes!  Will it get done? Yes!



Will go to a bull fight - definitely not!  A flamenco show - definitely yes.

First up will be to finalize this month's lessons for the Online Mystery Classes.  These guys are so much fun!  Can't wait to share them with you next week.  Time really speeds by on these projects.  It never ceases to amaze me.

We are currently accepting reservations for new classes for 2020 including Fall Welcome Wreath


and Kissmas Eve


To register send an email to me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.  More complete details can be viewed on earlier posts here.

HEADS UP!    NAN - is now ready for registration for the 2020 Assembly.  Go have a look at all the wonderful class opportunities that are presented.
I would love to have you enroll in my classes and come play with me.

https://needleart.org/assembly/?fbclid=IwAR0HVStgVuVSfoN1265ev1_-GhC2BFEBGUwC_1Ot2oH9A7ksEXdTXMwvg7M


A 2-day class Conventional Techniques using Unconventional Resources


And a 2-day class Winter Cardinal design by Maggie.


In the meanwhile, I am anticipating painting new designs in trying to decide whether to exhibit at Destination Dallas market next year.  I haven't exhibited in years!  I'm kinda on the fence about it and will need to make a decision soon if I plan to have product ready for the shop owners.  We'll see how the creative juices flow.  Plus I'm thinking of bringing out some of my previous class pieces and offering them commercially now.

My main concentration at this exact moment is to get my 'stuff' together for the trip.  My personal stuff that is.  Everything for my students is all packed away and ready to head to the airport in a few more weeks!  So so excited.

Just saw a notice this week about hotel reservation information for the upcoming ANG national seminar to be held in Tucson, AZ for 2020.

I am fortunate to be teaching classes there.  


Crazy Needles Journey

Ribbons, Beads, a kazillion techniques, oh my!  This piece got its name because stitches used have a 'traveling' feel to them - Hungarian, Parisian, Dutch, French, etc., get it?


Flags of Glory

A fun piece to work!  Playing with different shading, stitch manipulation, ribbons, beads, sequins.  Love this piece.

More later so stay tuned and have a wonderful weekend.  It is perfect here in Central Kentucky today.


2 comments:

Edie said...

I love your Flags of Glory! I plan to come to Seminar in Tucson and hopefully get into this class.
Edie Faylor

Sandy Arthur said...

Hi Edie! I hope to see you there! It is a wonderful class!