Saturday, May 14, 2016

HAVING A GREAT TIME IN GENEVA (IL) THAT IS!
(Oops!  I mean they are working my butt off in Geneva!)

Had the greatest bunch of students yesterday at our 4-day embellishment gathering at Designers Desk in Historic Geneva, Il.  It is always so much fun to see the different canvases and the challenges they prevent.

Some returned with canvases from my last visit and it was fantastic seeing their results.  I have one student that was introduced to or nue` and after working diligently he has mastered the technique and his canvas is looking marvelous.

Another student has a fantastic canvas of Chicago icons and the Cloudscape (bean) sculpture and the building waterfall are to die for!  Oh my!  I almost got goosebumps!



A mother and daughter team are always great to have.  I had such a team at my last visit and this time I have a new team.  One is working on a Laurel Burch canvas from Danji and one is working on a Vicki Sawyer piece from Melissa Shirley.

There is Purple Palm - which is always a challenge for me - the cacti and the large, beautiful florals included.

A sweet halloween canvas that presented opportunities for great background bands - sizes 2 canvas threads up to 14 canvas threads!  Oranges, oranges, oranges - and of course, a wonderful witch broom.

Then there is also a sweet bunny rabbit - I always have such fun with those.  And, I even resisted needle felting!  I know, I must be slipping.

I also cheated - as I am oft known to do!  I posted the first lesson a couple days early for the Online Mystery Class Pillow Collage.

Pillow Collage - Needlepoint of Back Bay from the collection

Oh my goodness!  Are we having a great time or what?  There is still plenty of time to join us if you so desire.  Also, if you are in this class and not in the secret Facebook page, be sure to check your junk mail! All have been invited.  Just email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com

There is a lot of activity going on in registration for the next upcoming class from Eye Candy.
Happy Haunting Grounds.




This fun piece is so happy and colorful.  While I am here at Designers Desk, Pat and I are auditioning buttons to see if there are some fun ones available through the needlepoint shops to be included in this piece.

And hotly pursuing the first posting for our fantastic Brenda Stofft piece Arctic Parade is a great group of participants.


This project is very long-term.  Lessons will be posted sporadically.  Check further down in older postings for more details on this or any of our other Online Mystery Classes.

TO REGISTER:  EMAIL ME AT   duodesignsinc@yahoo.com

I'll only be home a few days then I am off to Chandail in Houston to teach this exclusive boot class.



Contact the shop to see if there are any openings for the May 21-22 class.  I'd love to see you there!

Okay, gotta get to class or else . . . . .


No comments: