Saturday, January 16, 2016

TNNA Winter Market was a beautiful event.

I was so impressed with all the booths.  Several of us were talking about how, for some reason, this market looked much better, more professional, and more calming than they have been in the recent past.  People were busy, and I understand that the shops that were there were buying,  but for some reason it was not with the urgency that has been sensed in the past. It was a very enjoyable experience!

I taught 3 classes and had a lot of fun.  My only complaint was that my hotel was at one end of San Diego and my classroom was at the other end - even the student/shop owners commented on it as well.  I logged 4.2 miles and was teaching in the room for 6 hours on one day so that gives you some indiction as to how much I was walking to and from my room.  But I loved it anyway.

Those of you so inclined, keep in mind that the EGA Sun Regional Seminar in St. Petersburg is coming up and  I will be teaching on April 29 through the first of May my Back To The Beach Ladies!!



Check out the details on the EGAUSA website or contact jennalee@hotmail.com with specific questions.  I would love to see you there.

I have been working away on our current Online Mystery Classes.  We have posted Lesson 3 for Cats in a Dinghy - Annie Lane Designs.


This lesson covered the Dinghy and playing with some interesting threads.

We also posted Lesson 1 for Easter Rabbit with Morning Glories - Brenda Stofft.



This lesson took care of all the background areas.  We are now in position to begin playing with some fun techniques as this piece develops.

It is time for those who want to participate in the S.O.S. in CyberSpace Session II to notify me and get registered.  This is a limited size class and there are only a couple of slots available.  This is an embellishment class where you choose any canvases and ask questions for certain issues. Scroll down to the 2016 Online Class Schedule to read more about it.  Email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.

We are very excited about the upcoming Online Mystery Class selections and the new pieces we selected at the TNNA Winter Market.  Participants are already putting their names on the notification lists.  So, if you see something you want to join us in our playtime, just send me an email so that I can put your name on the notification list.  I need your email address to place you on that list.  Send email to me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.

Now, for the current happenings, I am packing and preparing to leave for Callaway.  I will be teaching 3 classes there.  It will be so fun - Beading on Needlework is a 1-day class; Heloise Hooty (ACOD canvas) is a 2-day class and Pumpkin Spiced Tea is a 2-day class (see that needle felting in there?).




So, once again I am blessed with much on my plate and love it.  I hope to see you at Callaway Gardens!  Stop in and say hi if you are there.

In the meanwhile, be sure to send an email letting me know which Online Mystery Classes you are interested in receiving more information for.  Also, many shops are offering special discounts for participants in my classes once their participation has been verified so you want to be sure to take advantage of that discount.

Have a great weekend and Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy



No comments: