Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town (? is that right?)

Anyway, when someone says Chicago or San Francisco I immediately think of songs!  And I am singing because I am on my way to Chicago to teach 5 wonderful days of classes.  It is always so much fun to teach, stitch and visit at Seminar.  And while it is work and tiring, it is great to get to visit with friends that are only seen at the various seminars and conventions.  And it is also exciting to get to meet new students along with those who manage to return to my classes time after time.  What a comfort to see friends in the classroom, and I do consider them friends although this may be the only interaction I share with them.  And as I mentioned it is exciting to see what the new students bring to the table.

I am teaching the front 5 days this year.  I have never done that before, generally I have my teaching days all spread out.  This is good and bad.  It is good that it is ongoing and no down days in between. Is there such a thing as a 'down' day at Seminar - LOL - I don't think so.  Then it is bad that there is no break.   But that could also be good as it keeps me out of trouble and off the Magnificent Mile.  Well, at least it keeps me off the Magnificent Mile - I'm not sure anything can keep me out of trouble because if it is around I'll find it.

I'm struggling trying to get my computer, iPhone, etc., etc., set back up to where I was before 'the incident.'  (I think that's what I'm going to call this week - 'the incident.')  Things aren't going as smoothly as I'd like.  And, as my kids will be very quick to say, I do not have the greatest of patience when it comes to technology.  I haven't had the opportunity to do a trial run on the new computer with my projector and I sure hope it works okay when I get there.  If not students will be forced to deal with my crooked lines on the whiteboard.  Not pretty!  But, I taught before I had a computer and I can continue to do so without if necessary.

So, I am trudging forward recovering from 'the incident', and I am quite busy writing stitch guides and designing.  The new mystery class is going to be so much fun that I can' hardly wait to start it.  If you haven't signed up yet for the Mod Ornaments Mystery online class you still have a couple weeks before registration closes.  Scroll down a few posts to get all the details.  You have to smile when you see the canvas - it is so happy.  Drop me an email at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com if you want to sign up or if you have any questions.

Okay, I'm off to finish the packing and getting in my zzzzs before I hit the airport in the morning.

Hope to see you at Seminar!  If not,  you can be there in spirit by remembering to stitch with a smile!

Sandy




No comments: