Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday Whimsies - September 4, 2013 - Blocked Cross

Home from Seminar.  Very tiring, very rewarding and fulfilling!  Classes were wonderful and the students top notched!  I could not have asked for a better group. And, Wooo Hooo, as I told you in the previous post, I was awarded by ANG at the Seminar's Closing Banquet in Anaheim, CA, the Literary Award in recognition of my Shapes of Needlepoint Series I-IV.  I was speechless - for about 15 seconds. I am so proud and so humbled too.

This week I am posting the Blocked Cross.


This is another stitch that is easily expanded upon.


Notice that on the second row the stitch was enlarged to 8 canvas threads.  Also, notice on the stitch on the right that I dropped down 2 canvas threads instead of one for the second pass.  Didn't that make a pretty stitch?

As you can see, you can play with these stitches and create many combinations.  Give it a whirl.

Until next time, remember to stitch with a smile.

Sandy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award. I have the iPad apps for Stitches I and Stitches II. Are you planning on bringing III and IV out in App format? I love having them to refer to without having to take books with my stitching. Also saves heaps on overseas postage.

Jacqui
(in New Zealand)

Sandy Arthur said...

Hi Jacqui,
Thank you so much! I am currently investigating the possibility of adding an App III. Keep your fingers crossed.

Sandy