SEA SHELLS ON THE SHORE
Wow! Only a few more days until the first class. Everyone who wanted to join the private group appears to be in place. If you feel you should be in the group but are not, email me right away at email@example.com so we can take care of that!
Middle of the month and we know what that means! Current class lessons will be posted! It is always so fun to see what the next area is going to be and what we suggest doing with it.
Our Sweet Pink Ostrich - Besties - has her fifth session posting this week. Gosh she will soon be finished.
Chinese Lanterns by JP Needlepoint will have session seven shared,
Another JP Needlepoint Design that lends itself to lots of techniques. and materials is the upcoming Ornaments Galore.
Like with the Chinese Lanterns, this design promises lots of fun things to share with you - in threads and techniques/stitches. I can't wait! Registration is active so email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. This is scheduled to be a 10 session class with the first session to begin mid-May hopefully.
DUO DESIGNS STITCHING RETREATS - Join the Group!
Be sure to join the group so you don't miss out on our fun offerings and sneak previews,
It is so fun to get emails each day concerning our Retreats. This year we are featuring the work of Gayla Elliott - Kentucky Artist extraordinaire! She has such a diverse talent and we have done some of her pieces Online before - remember Lovable Llama? This time we are featuring her Stitching Girls - namely Boss Lady and Stitching Girl with Her Horse. Boss Lady offers some opportunities to interject some personal touches of the stitcher or the recipient if intended for a gift. Girl with Her Horse is an exclusive designed for this Retreat so you will definitely be ahead of your friends in getting this one/
While this is not a 'race', these gals are running neck-to-neck in attendance.(Pun definitely intended!).
Just email us at duodesignsinc@gmail for your brochure and for answers to any questions you may have. Outside the registration fee the only additional expenses are transportation and lodging. All project supplies (you bring your favorite light, stand, etc.- lots of room), meals (dinners are all plated for Thursday, Friday and Saturday) from the Meet and Greet through the Grab and Go breakfast when you leave Sunday morning. Countless surprises are in store and you don't want to miss being present at every function (you must be present to win)! We've been known to throw in some pretty nice things along the way!
NEEDLES 'N FINS STITCHING ADVENTURES
I have copied below the recent posting from our travel agent concerning our upcoming Greece Stitching Adventure.
The Greece Cruise with Sandy is just under 8 months away and I hope you’re getting excited!!!
I would like to take this time to communicate with you on a few things and help you prepare and enjoy your experience.
Azamara Cruise Dates:
- 11OCT2023 Depart USA for Venice
- 12OCT2023 Arrive Venice for 2night hotel stay
- 14OCT2023 Azamara cruise begins on the Pursuit
- 23OCT2023 Cruise Ends – fly home or perhaps stay in Athens with a post-cruise package.
- You may secure your own air or reach out to Kim Kelly in our air department via email: email@example.com with your request.
- Flight Guidelines: The only flight guideline is not to book your flight home before 11:00 am, as the ship has to clear customs.
- Be sure of dates and especially if adding on to the trip with any other pre- or post-stays.
- Arrival transfers from airport to hotel are not being offered by Azamara.
- Transfers from hotel to ship in Venice are included.
- Transfers from ship to airport not being offered.
- Transfers from ship to hotel for post-stay are included with hotel package, as well as from hotel to airport.
Azamara Cruise –
- You may go online and register with your booking number (found on your invoice) and view information about the trip and all terms and conditions.
- Shore Excursions – see attached – for those needing help to book or apply onboard credit can call 1-877-999-9953
- Azamara White Nights still happening.
- Azamara Amazing Night – still happening
- Stitching Class with Sandy and Teresa !
Athens – Post-Cruise Stay –
Azamara is offering the following packages (Attached). This needs to be requested and a good idea to get confirmed before securing airfare.
- Hotel Stay – see attachments for hotel choice, number of nights and pricing.
- 2-Night Package $1199.00 per person, double / $2099.00 single
- 5-Night Package $3999.00 per person, double / $5099.00 single
Travel Insurance Protection – once air is booked or any other features added on, insurance should be modified to cover all costs and blanket coverage and benefits.
Beginning December 1, 2022, we will no longer require proof of vaccination for sailings starting and ending in the U.S. or sailings starting and ending in Europe. All other sailings require proof of vaccination and booster until further notice.
Visit for more information on health and protocols Explore Well At Sea | Azamara
Guests can check specific travel restrictions for countries listed in the itinerary HERE or by visiting applicable government websites.
Required documentation – A valid passport. Passports must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from return date and have a few empty pages. Names on reservation and tickets must match passport exactly.
If you are vaccinated, it’s a good idea to bring your card with along with a mask…just in case.
Azamara Statement - Information is subject to change.
Please note: Things are taking much longer these days, with long hold times, shorter staffing… it’s the new world we live in.
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 am – 4pm
Note Thursdays I work from home and can be reached via email or by my cell 708-638-5699
Viking Travel Service / Shared Adventures
We’re Moving Starting January 15th, 2023 refer to NEW ADDRESS below.
700 East Ogden Avenue # 106
Ph: 630-321-1664 / Fax: 630-321-1669 / Toll Free: 1-800-233-3963
Ask about our 24-hour travel assistance and concierge services!
PROUD MEMBER OF SIGNATURE / ASTA / NTA / CLIA / APTA
For over 50 years Viking Travel Service has led the way.
The best compliment is a referral!
Hope to see you back next week - - -