Sunday, May 24, 2015

WIZARD OF PAWS  - Brenda Stofft Design  
(aka B-304 Black Cat with Heirloom Pumpkins)

This design was such a delight to stitch and work with.  I had so much fun! Lots of great techniques and fantastic threads and embellishments.  Needle felting even!  Woo Hoo!


This one's stitched by me!

 I was fortunate to be able to teach this class at a few shops.  It made its debut at Bedecked and Beadazzled in Baltimore Thanksgiving weekend.  Then, it made its way to Serendipity in Tuscaloosa, AL.  The most recent adventure for Wizard was at the Blue Bonnet Retreat in Texas!  What fun we had!  My students are the best!  I am so fortunate to be able to do what I love and have wonderful people to share it with!

Here are  a few of the final results shared by some of my students.

This beauty was stitched by Ellen Smith and finished by Sharon of Mountain Shadow.  Look at those clever swirls in the frame.  Ellen added her personal touch in some spots including the turquoise pumpkin at the left front.  Love it!


Ellen Smith Project

Harriet Rose also finished her Wizard in record time. Look at the similarities in the framing.  Love the rich blue and purple accented with the oranges.  Harriet added her own personal touch also.  Not only is it evident in the turquoise pumpkin on the bottom left corner, but look at those cool stars in the sky!
Harriet Rose Project


Not to be outdone, Jan Stone shared her fantastic piece most recently.  I know I should be focusing on the wonderful job she did with her stitching but I am enjoying the cuteness of the finishing.  Look at those pumpkin feet!  Just too much!  Love them. The finishing was done through Cindy’s NeedleArt by Jennifer Ure van Velzen.
Jan Stone Project

For those of you who are interested in this piece, your local needlepoint shop can order the canvas as well as the stitch guide from Brenda Stofft Designs. I know you will be able to follow the excellent stitch guide which provides clear diagrams and detailed instructions.  If you have any difficulty ordering, just let me know and we can get you all fixed up!  Always willing to enhance that stash - we all need enablers, right!

I cannot be happier with the pieces the students have shared with me and allowed me to share with you!  Keep it up gals and thanks!

Until next time, remember to stitch with a smile!

Sandy



No comments: