Saturday, August 10, 2013

Wizard of Paws - aka Brenda Stofft's Black Cat with Heirloom Pumpkins B-304

Brenda recently introduced a wonderful halloween design called Black Cat with Heirloom Pumpkins B-304. I was fortunate to get to create a stitch guide for this piece.  This is also a teaching piece that is offered to shops that sponsor national teachers - namely - ME!

I really can't decide what my favorite part of this design is, but, I do love the tree and the sky!


When I saw this design I immediately thought of a wizard and therefore had to give my stitch guide the title of Wizard of Paws!  I know, but I just couldn't help it. The design is chocked so full of everything!  The threads I used are amazing.  There are threads by Rainbow Gallery such as Splendor Silk, Silk Lame (I don't know how to put that little thingey over the 'e' on my blogspot), Petite Very Velvet, Fyre Werks,Neon Rays, Glow in the Dark, and more; Kreinik braids and the Micro Ice Chenille; Burmilana - love it!; Pepper Pot Silk - a dream to work with; Caron Watercolours and Impressions - my new top 10 favorite; ThreadworX; Gloriana; Planet Earth; Vineyard Silk; High Cotton - can you believe this treasure?

Embellishments are always great fun for me.  First, Mr. Wizard is needle felted.  I used the wonderful tools that are manufactured by Clover:  the felting brush, individual needles, multi-needle holder, roving, etc.  And the beads!  Those are from the Sundance collection.  Love their beads and colored beading thread.

Techniques include needle felting, packed stem stitch, brick beading, tassel making, bargello, half-Rhodes, cashmere variation, mosaic variation, pencil star, nobuko (always nobuko), upright cross, diagonal mosaic - and on and on.

Check with your local needlepoint shop to order your beautiful canvas and stitch guide.  Also inquire about interest in their sponsoring a class!  I would love to come share with you face-to-face.

I hope you who get this piece enjoy stitching it as much as I did.  It was great fun to see each area develop!

Have a great weekend and remember to stitch with a smile.

Sandy






No comments: