Saturday, June 15, 2019

ONLINE MYSTERY SESSIONS POSTED

I never tire of sharing what I do with my students and anyone else who will look. I so enjoy puttering around the canvas and seeing what develops.  Sometimes I can look at a canvas and know immediately what I want to do with it.  Other times I put it on stretcher bars, sit it on the mantle in front of me above the fireplace where I can look up and it see it, and think about it over a space of time.

Some designs I see one major something that just jumps out at me.  I know immediately what I want to do and I can't wait to start putting needle and thread to the canvas.  Sometimes once I get that spurt of enthusiasm over with I sit and look at the canvas and say to myself 'what next.'  Maybe the rest of the design doesn't speak to me as strongly.  I tend to think in terms of techniques and textures then figure out what threads might be available for me to use to accomplish what I see in my mind's eye.  Never a dull moment!

We won't discuss how much 'reverse' stitching I do.  And we won' t discuss the back of my work.  Those who purchase my stitched models must be content with what they see on the front - lol.

This month we say goodbye to Dana - Life of the Party from Penny MacLeod.


Her hair was a hoot!  Well pleased with how this lady turned out.

Session IV - Lily Wreath by Raymond Crawford


More ornaments finished and worked on this guy as well.

Session III - Spooky Tags from Strictly Christmas


There are so many items in this design.  Each one is almost a canvas in itself.  Here we share the cape for some lucky witch.  You cannot see the 'Glow in the Dark' threads used on this one in the picture.

Session II - Gossips from Strictly Christmas




Bodies are being stitched and tails and wings are being added!

Session I - Santa tags from Strictly Christmas



I created a tree darning pattern for the background of this design.  We also worked on the border to enclose it!

Invoicing will begin for Just a Sip from CBK.


This Online Mystery Class will begin mid-August.  Wonder wonder how each section will be approached?  Join us to find out.  So much texture!  How about bling?  And that chandelier!

Etsy Shop:  duodesignsbySandra

We continually add items to our Etsy Shop.  We added the digital stitch guide for Raymond Crawford's Reindeer with the Poinsettia Blanket.  Others will follow but this one was asked for several times so it moved to the top of the list.    I'm thinking of adding a section for stitched models for those who might be interested. Stay tuned.

Missing my father this Father's Day!

No comments: