Saturday, May 25, 2019

BACK HOME AND INTO HEAVY STITCHING!

Sharing some pictures from the second class taught at Stitch-Stash at Rehoboth, DE. What a fantastic group of ladies!


They treated me like a queen so here I am on my throne!


Demonstrating some of the secrets of unconventional resources.


A small glimpse of such a delightful, cute shop. Bright and happy!  You have a feel-good feeling when you walk in the door.  Great thread selection, nice diverse display of canvases and trunk shows to boot!  Patti does a wonderful job in customer service also. The walk in traffic was amazing.



Had to have a photo of my town buddies from the group - thanks Nancy, Rhonda, MaryJo and Kelli for taking time from your vacation to spend in a class with me.  I had such fun! That's Patti on the right end being a gracious hostess.

I fell in love with this little town.  It is truly filled with hospitality and you can tell they want you to have a good time and enjoy your visit with them.  It is wonderful to treated with respect and courtesies of old.  The ladies at the hotel desk called me 'Mom' - did you have a good day Mom? - get a good night's rest Mom - let us know if you need anything, etc.  I was getting in the car one day and a young family was passing by on the sidewalk and the father of the group came over and closed the car door for me - totally unexpected.  The young man at a hotel desk brought me cookies from their nightly offering.  Just little things that make you feel very welcome and cared for.

Patti and her hubby Andy were so good to me.  I was well fed and my comforts were taken care of.  Andy even gave up putting down the top on the convertible because it made me uncomfortable.  I felt a little guilty because it was an absolutely perfect evening for the drive by the ocean with the top down and I know he would have loved it.

ONLINE MYSTERY CLASSES

Last week we shared some lessons for the current Online Mystery Classes.

Dana had Session V already!  We worked on her dress this month.


The girl has some bling going on here.

Spooky Tags - Session II - we worked on the tags and letters this month

Lily Wreath - Session.    added 4 more ornaments to the mix.



Gossips - this is a new class and this was our Session I for this whimsical group!  We had a surprise background as most people were expecting blue I think.



Arctic Parade -- finally!  I was able to fit in the balance of the antlers for this handsome guy!  I just love him!


ANG SEMINAR - HOUSTON, TX

There is still time to register for classes at the 2019 Seminar being held in Houston.  I would love to have you join me in any or all 3 of the classes that I am fortunate enough to be teaching.


Winter Cardinal is a 2-day class - this Maggie Design is one of my favorite finishes.


 Bluebonnet Boot is a 2-day class and souvenir all rolled into one.


Personalized Plaid is a half-day class (color options available).  A fun class and a useful tray when finished.  Totally self finishing I might add.

The Mediterranean is calling and the sound is getting stronger and stronger.  We are less than 6 months away!

We are very busy at Arthur Acres putting together 'stuff'.  Those who have cruised with me before know what I mean.   Also busily stitching away on the Optional Project - Cruisin' Stitchers -  hope to share with you soon!


Hmmm - friends, stitching, cruising, chatting and cocktails - what else is needed?

In the meanwhile we would love for you to join us and come hopping around the Mediterranean from Rome to Barcelona!  Contact Liz our agent at lwolak@vikingtvl.com for details.  I believe she has only a few slots left designated for our group.  If you want to review the brochure you may also email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com as Liz keeps office hours - I don't!




Till next week!  Have a safe Holiday Weekend and thank you to all who served and grateful memories for those who made the ultimate sacrifice and who we honor this weekend.  

My family is rich with military veterans including hubby!  It was the Marine uniform - I swear! Well, he's kinda handsome too!




No comments: