Saturday, December 29, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Oh my!  Just a couple more days and we are faced with trying to remember to write the year 2019 instead of 2018.  Wonder why this is often such a challenge?  Maybe a mental block on my part!

I was sitting working on stitch guides for the Needle Nook of La Jolla Get Away coming soon when this popped up in my feed.


I just thought this is so true and I wanted to take the space to share it with you.  Your support and encouragement are always appreciated and  I wanted to thank you again and assure you that you are not taken for granted!  I know you have many choices and I am honored and humbled to be one of them.

Christmas is now another wonderful memory and we are beginning our focus on what is on the horizon.

First up will be the new Online Mystery Classes for 2019!  For those of you who follow closely, check out the post of September 1 and you can print out the 2019 Agenda for the upcoming Online Mystery Classes.  We really have some fun things in store and I'm sure you won't want to miss them.

First up is the cute, cute Dana - Life of the Party from Penny MacLeod.


In just a few short weeks we will be sharing our first lesson on this happy piece.  It has been such fun  to stitch and I know that you are going to love it too! Just how many ways can you stitch a 3x3 square? This piece has also been a surprise to me as it has really fooled me on the amount of thread needed.  I will be sharing that information with the class participants as soon as I have finalized the requirements.

The first installment for the special series of Raymond Crawford's Reindeer with the Poinsettia Blanket is on schedule as well.


I must say that this was my favorite from the get-go.  I love poinsettias and I deliberately placed it last on the agenda for fear I would not give the others the attention they deserved.  

Then for those seeking instant gratification we have the first in our series of 8 Quickie Butterflies from Burnette and Bradley.

Invoices have been sent and most have been processed in preparation to begin these two new adventures.  If you did not get your invoice for either, be sure to notify us so we can get you all ready to go.  Or if you would like to join us that is possible too as long as we have the canvases for the butterflies.  Just email us at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com with questions.

Are you registered for the colorful and happy SeaSide Themed Wreath from Raymond Crawford?



Man this guy will utilize a whole bunch of techniques and will be such an adventure.  We'll pull out all stops for this one.  If you want to participate just send an email to us at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.  First class is scheduled for mid-March.


Keep in mind that we always welcome suggestions for new classes to add to our list.  As we have stated before if you can help get a minimum of 15 people to commit to the online class, we will gladly invest the time to set up the class and arrange the lessons with stitch guides.  I will say that I am finding that the medium to smaller sized canvases are becoming more popular so I will likely not be adding any more huge projects to our agenda.

Etsy Shop - DuoDesignsBySandra

Next focus is our new Etsy Shop - duodesignsbysandra - no spaces - Etsy set that up???  Anyway, we have been busy putting items in there to share with you guys.  This was set up mostly to sell off surpluses from my classes.  I always order way too much so this is a way to share some of that with you.   It has also proven to be a good venue for our books.  I wasn't expecting that.  So we'll see how that goes.  Be sure to mark as a favorite on my shop.

We do have a special for our Shapes of Needlepoint Books.  If you purchase all 4 books at once you will be given free shipping (approximately $40)!  So be sure to check that out.


There is a large listing of digital stitch guides and I continue to add those as I can sneak one in every now and then.

Problem could be that I may not be able to keep up both the website and the Etsy Shop.  Time will tell.

And we are placing into high gear our concentration on our upcoming stitching cruise - Mediterranean Stitching Memories 2019!  Be sure to join our exclusive Facebook page at Needles 'N Fins Stitching Adventures to keep up with all the plans.  October 2019 is going to be so exciting with all the ports we will be visiting from Rome to Barcelona!

We need to get some stitching in that 2nd gal's hands - if she's not drinking she should be stitching!

Have a very safe New Year's for those out and about and I wish you all health and happiness for the upcoming new opportunities God has given us.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Christmas is over poster...does this come into a needlepoint canvas?

Sandy Arthur said...

Not yet - I've been working some ideas from the inspiration.