Saturday, October 13, 2018

COUNTDOWN BIG TIME!

In just one more week we will be leaving for our Stitching Down the Danube stitching adventure! Preparing for this journey has been so much fun and going on for over a year and yet it feels as if we just left Party on the Po in Italy and only started planning for this year.  I love this part!  Once I lock the front door and head out it will be all fun for me over the next couple weeks.  The hard work is over. I hope my participants feel it has been time well spent!

I am tying up loose ends.  Getting those last bead packets put together.  Taking some extra threads, etc., just in case, making sure I have something to stitch on myself. For hubby the most important thing is to be sure he has snacks!

Working on the "make sure" lists this week:  medications, chargers, cPap, needles (stitching kind that is), scissors, more needles, etc.

While this is all going on, there is a great deal of activity over at the travel agency setting up reservations for our Mediterranean Stitching Memories Cruise 2019.  We are keeping our Miss Liz hopping! This fantastic cruise has been so well received. We are very excited.  October 24 to November 4, 2019. We are also able to make plans for 2 extra days in Rome - where the trip begins - and 2 extra days in Barcelona - where the trip ends- for those interested.  There are some very exciting ports of call and the beauty that is in store for us is unbelievable!

I know that a year away sounds like lots of time however there is much to do in preparation to make it a very wonderful Memory. My mind is going around and around with design ideas for the exclusive optional needlepoint class.  So much to choose from!  Then, there are the little extra surprises I try to develop as well.  I have some that are already wanting to know what we will be stitching!  I gotta get the Danube behind me before I can really focus on for this new adventure.  That does not mean that it is not whirling around in my head though.  Wish these techies would come up with a device that you could look into and specifically direct it to transfer certain data (such as sketches in the mind) over onto paper!  Wouldn't that be cool.  But it would need to be so that you could restrict what it sees in your brain - wouldn't want all that stuff up there on paper - ye gads!

Our ship is a beauty! She holds approximately 650 - YAY!  I don't care for the larger ships and try to avoid them whenever I can.  I taught on my last ocean cruise ship about 5 (?) years ago and have never looked back.  The intimacy of the smaller group is so wonderful.  We have developed some fabulous friendships.  But that is not difficult when we all share the same passion and speak the same jargon!

Azamara Pursuit

Our stops are amazing!


If you missed out on getting to join us on the sold out Stitching Down the Danube riverboat stitching cruise don't make that same mistake twice!  Join us over on our special Facebook Page that showcases our stitching adventures and future plans:

Needles 'N Fins Stitching Adventures

ONLINE MYSTERY CLASSES

Just a gentle reminder that registration is ongoing for January classes -

We'll have our first lesson on the Reindeer Series from Raymond Crawford - the Poinsettia Blanket:


Our first lesson in the Penny MacLeod - Dana Life of the Party - what fun she is developing into!


And the beginning of our Butterfly Series from Burnette & Bradley.  (These all inclusive butterflies classes will include the canvas, threads, embellishments and lessons - all under $150 each.)

Oh, and we are having custom ornament stands created for this series for those who desire to make them stand ups.  More on that later.  I have seen the prototype - so excited.

To be placed on the notification list (no obligation) just send me an email so I have your email address in order to be able to notify you.  Send to duodesignsinc@yahoo.com


No comments: