Saturday, April 21, 2018

Getting Ready for Another Trip

I had a delightful week at home trying to play catch up.  I have spent the time working on my class lessons for the upcoming Needlepoint in New England Retreat in Connecticut hosted by The Enriched Stitch.

I am excited to be teaching the Winter Cardinal from Maggie.  This has been one of my favorite pieces to stitch.  It didn't hurt that I love cardinals.


I am thrilled to see that some of my students are returning friends as well as an opportunity to get to meet some new ones.  I am anxious to share the journey through the various techniques used on this piece.  

Shortly after I return from CT (2 days to be exact) I get to jump on another plane and head to Florida for a private retreat.  These are always fun!  I know it will be exciting and hopefully somewhat restful.

Somewhere in there we are working on the upcoming classes for mid-May. In addition to the regularly scheduled classes, we are adding a couple new ones.

Raymond Crawford's Reindeer Series has us working on the Reindeer with the Bells Blanket.


If you would like to participate there is still time to join.  Just email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.  We can assist with getting your canvas and supplies if you do not have a LNS close by or if you cannot find one in stock.  Invoicing is currently in progress for this handsome fellow. There are 4 compact lessons that are $150 for the 4-lesson packet.  

Next up is the long awaited Dog Gone Good from JP Needlepoint.


Mercy, if these guys are half the fun the cats are I don't know if I can stand myself.  Registration is still open for the class so just email if you want to join the fun.  duodesignsinc@yahoo.com 

And last for the newbies is the Raymond Crawford Christmas Stars - 12 Days of Christmas.  This month we will be doing the Day 5 - Five Golden Rings.



In June we will be teaching a wonderful butterfly canvas at Chandail in Houston.  If you are in the area stop in to see Saira and see if she has any openings for you to join us.  We will have a one-day class on Beading on Needlework and then we will work on the fabulous canvas where we will incorporate some of the beading techniques taught the day before the class.  Come join us.

Well, it finally is not snowing here in Central Kentucky and the sun is shining.  It is beautiful day.  Hope your day is just as nice.  Have a great weekend.




No comments: