Sunday, April 15, 2018

ANOTHER EVENT COME AND GONE!

ANG ENCORE! 2018 Houston sure did pass quickly.  The facility of the Westin Oaks at the Galleria was suburb.  And the staff could not have been greater.  They took very good care of us.  I was particularly impressed by the room cleaning staff.  I had occasion to run up to my room and the cleaning staff was in my room.  The door was slightly ajar and the cart blocked the doorway.  I knocked on the door and proceeded to enter.  Or so I thought.  The lady was there immediately blocking me and said to me to please use my pass key.  I was thrilled!  Isn't that wonderful?

I had my first experience with elevators that do not have buttons on the interior of the cars.  That was way cool.

It rained most of the time we were there.  However, we were in the Galleria - duh!  And what is even worse - we were next door to The Cheesecake Factory.  Oh goodness - no wonder I can never lose weight.

I loved the smaller classes.  They afforded a totally different atmosphere to the classroom setting.  Much more intimate - if you wanted.  Very sharing. Also allowed much more one-on-one time when discussing a particular technique.  I look forward to future Encore! adventures.  Be sure to check out the next one.

While I'm pondering I'll talk a little about upcoming events.  In just a few days I'll be heading to Connecticut to stitch at the Needlepoint in New England Retreat.  The Winter Cardinal that I am teaching there has been one of my favorite pieces of work this year.


I'm back home now concentrating on the lessons for mid-April.  Today (I'm late posting) is the big reveal of some great classes.  Be sure to check it out.


Okay, I can't stand it.  Can you see the subtle snowflakes falling in the background.  They have a slight sparkle!  I love the way this turned out.  Some students chose to place real jingle bells over some of the decorations.  Personal choice.

Another fun area is on the Snow Happy Trio canvas.  We finished the middle Snow Person this month.

In the Quickie Series - Christmas Stars - 12 Days of Christmas, we finished Day 4 - 4 Calling birds.



We introduced the second cat on Catitudes as well.  Meet Miss Glamorous Gourmet!


Still lots going on over at our Online Mystery Classes!

Times are getting closer for our wonderful Stitching Down the Danube Riverboat Stitching Cruise!  Just made airline reservations!  Becomes more real each day!  Still room for more so just check over at Needles 'N Fins secret Facebook Page and download the brochure for this great adventure.  Join stitchers who share your passion for our art!  Such a great journey and bonding!  Four countries and endless hours of adventures!





No comments: