Saturday, March 24, 2018

DELAWARE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

I am so fortunate to have been invited to teach at the retreat hosted at The Winterthur Museum by The Art Needlepoint Company. This is my first time at this Museum and I have been told by many students that it fantastic.  It does not disappoint.

I am teaching their lovely Fruit and Flowers design.

                                     

There are two main things I am focusing on at this event.  They want to emphasize shading.  One of the major focal points of this piece is the lovely carnation flower. We will be thread painting this section of the design.



But, the other attraction for me was that they offered a wonderful opportunity for our youth.  Participants were encouraged to bring children to attend along with them at no additional cost!  Isn't that fabulous?  I will be having a special mini-workshop one morning with just the attending children so we can focus on their needs.

As an extra bonus I saw some previous students that I have not seen in quite some time.  Always, always a treat to get to revisit.  

Then I saw some friends I just saw last week the LaJolla retreat at Needle Nook.  Such a small world anymore.

But wait, there is more.  I met many that I have met through Facebook but finally got to meet face-to-face!  What a treat!  I am so happy to be able to add a face to the name.

My next adventure is to Houston to the ANG Encore! class event which is April 6 weekend.  No moss growing here.  I will be sharing the exclusive design from Leigh Designs just for Duo Designs, the Beijing Butterfly. 


Then I get to return to the East Coast to the Needlepoint in New England Retreat hosted by The Enriched Stitch.  I'll be sharing my version of Maggie's wonderful Winter Cardinal.


If the class has sold out they are accepting ghosts so don't miss out.  Plus this beautiful guy will be appearing in other areas later as well.

Stay tuned!  We have lots to share for upcoming classes!  I'm so excited!

Gotta leave for class - hopefully more later!



No comments: