Saturday, September 23, 2017

STITCHING, STITCHING, STITCHING

Can you think of anything more fun or relaxing?  Well, anyway, based on a lot of discussion out there I thought I'd throw in a plug for the classes I'm teaching at the ANG Seminar in DC held in August 2018.  Apparently registration will be open to first come-first served and participants don't know quite what to expect as yet as the class descriptions and/or pictures are not ready for posting on the webpage.  So, all I can share with you are the 3 classes that I am responsible for.
           
              Come on folks, these are volunteers who have a life and just finished with
              a major seminar.  Give them a little breathing room.

I am teaching 3 classes, all techniques.  The first I'm sharing is an encore and it is called Can Do Hairdos.  This was taught in ANG Seminar 2016 in New Orleans and was well attended.

We will stitch as many hairdos as we can in the 1-day time frame.  The stitch guide provided will be the Can Do Hairdos book.  I think the following is the description that will be in the brochure.

"What can be more fun than playing with hair all day? We will create hairdos for all ages!  Techniques such as stitching, ruching, couching, padding, twisting and knotting will be covered. Threads include such delights as Wisper, floss, silks, wools, etc.  A canvas sampler will be created in class.

Proficiency Level:  All
Design Size:  Sampler
Kit Cost:  $80

Kit Contents:  11” x 16” Line-drawn 18ct canvas, threads for exercises and complete instructions"

I will be providing a canvas that has rectangles drawn for playing with the different hairdo techniques.  There will be extra rectangles for more experimenting if desired.

The second and third class are the same but broken down into either a one-day class or  you can sign up for two-days.  That gives you a little flexibility of your time.

Stitching  Solutions

With Sandy Arthur

Puzzled by a particular technique?  Hit a wall on what to do next?  Wondering where to start?  This one-day workshop may be just the solution you are seeking.  Bring your design problem to class and discuss possible solutions.  Is it the thread?  Is it the color?  Is it the stitch?  Is it a mental block?  Stitch at your leisure and ask questions as you need assistance.  Share in brainstorming various parts of  different designs as plans are discussed with Sandy and possible solutions are agreed upon.  Store these ideas away for some possible projects in your future or currently in your stash.

Here's how it might appear in the listings for the classes:

So I would love to see you in DC to play with our needles f2f! If these are of no interest to you, there are a wide variety of class offerings so please try to be patient with your volunteers as they try to manage through some very large changes in the system right now.  Sometimes we tend to forget that these members are just like us who love to stitch and love our group but additionally they offer up (volunteer) their time to try and help the organization continue to be a viable one.

Now, back to what is going on now here at Duo Designs. 

 I am less than a month away to host the exciting riverboat stitching cruise Party on the Po.  Everyone is getting really antsy to get to Italy and start playing big time.  Our tickets and travel packs arrived yesterday and we are sooooooo ready!  Margarita Pizza!  Gelato!  Wine!  Pasta!  Oh, and beautiful scenery and wonderful historic spots as well.  My biggest goal is to see The Last Supper painting.  We have tried before but something always interfered.  Hopefully this time we will be successful.




One of my really big concerns is to make sure I do not drip my gelato on my needlework!  Other than that, I'm good.  I have so much to share with this group and I can't wait to dive in.  There are 50 actively in our stitching group and some non-stitchers as well so we will have a lot of new friends to add and stitches/experiences to share, etc.

On this cruise as well, our travel agent, Liz of Viking Travel, has decided to join us (boy she has no idea what she is in for!).  But she is sharing with us all the news about our upcoming 2018 cruise - STITCHING DOWN THE DANUBE.  Four (4) countries!  WOW!



The brochure has been loaded in the files section of the Facebook Page - Needles 'N Fins.  If you would like to keep in touch with what is going on just hop over.  If not already a member of that closed group just request to join and we'll get you fixed right up. Or email me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com and I'll send out an invitation to you to join the group.  No obligation.

Liz will be sharing lots of discounts and specials for those on the current tour and who will make a commitment while in Italy.  There will be more specials to follow I'm sure as Viking Travel is always giving us some new carrots to chase after and I don't think this cruise will be any different.  We will be on a new, larger ship - River Beatrice - and I can't wait to enjoy what she has to offer.


With four countries on the itinerary I am trying to focus on what will be an exclusive canvas for the trip. I may have to do more than one.

Must be off and work on those Online Mystery Lessons because mid-month will be here before I know it and between those and the cruise I am a bit busy.  LOVE IT!

Happy stitching and have a great week!

Sandy




No comments: