Saturday, March 4, 2017

STITCH-AWAY, STITCH-AWAY, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TREAT!

I have the wonderful privilege of sitting here looking through floor length windows out on a fantastic lake, beautiful wildlife entertaining me and surrounded by friends.  Not only friends, they are stitching friends!  We are at the Lone Star ANG Stitch Away at Conroe, TX at the LaTorreta Resort.


Such beautiful pieces of work!  It is unbelievable the beauty that is present in this room!  Every kind of design you can imagine being worked by fantastic stitchers using their own stitches, or the helpful guidance of creative stitch guides and/or input of those present.

Nancy Wedemeyer working on Steampunk Fox

Cindy Rigoni working on Happy Haunted Grounds

Of course there are many more but as you can see I am prejudice!  And . . . it's my blog!

Then one whole side of the room is filled with canvases, threads and accessories galore in the Lone Star Chapter, ANG stash sale.  No matter how hard you try not to it seems you always manage to find something you just have to have.






Add to that daily drawings!  Some very nice things - as of this writing yours truly has not managed to get one of those door prizes!  Still more to come so fingers crossed.  Anything look familiar here?



For those who like the pleasure, there is a masseuse available  - she is set up right outside the door and she is definitely being utilized.  This is one service I have yet to take advantage of no matter how wonderful all say it is.

Believe it or not, amongst all this, my stitching is work related.  I am totally consumed by my upcoming classes and loving every minute of it!  I am most anxious to share with all my class participants what I have managed to accomplish here.  But, alas, they must wait until it is time to post!

Remember to Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy



No comments: