Saturday, March 5, 2016

HEADING TO LAJOLLA AND THE NEEDLE NOOK OF LAJOLLA RETREAT!

Was Houston only last week?  Oh gosh!  My life is going waaaayyyyy too fast!  Wow!  I had such a great time with my friends and best of all my daughter, Teresa, joining us!  So much wonderful canvases and projects to share and discuss.  So many memories and adventures to explore!  Isn't it wonderful that we have such a fantastic group of people with whom we can share our passion?  Teresa took some great pictures of the fantastic view from our room and the sunset at the Lakeside Restaurant of LaTorreta Resort and Spa.



We had fantastic weather and I got a lot of stitching done!  Perfect long weekend!

This coming Thursday I am back on a plane heading for LaJolla, CA to teach at the Needle Nook of LaJolla's Retreat for 4 glorious days!  My students have provided me with a very diverse group of canvases from which to work.  What fun!  I can't wait to meet them and play.  I am stationed right in the middle of all the fantastic threads.  Are we going to get into trouble or what?  There are so many wonderful possibilities that await!

And, of course, the following week will be the introduction of the first lesson for our Online Mysteries Class  Thanksgiving Critters design by Melissa Shirley.


The classes, registration information and forms for the 2017 Blue Bonnet Studio Retreat Classes have been posted at http://bluebonnetstudio.com/retreat-classes.  Be sure to go take a look.  I have two 2-day classes that I am teaching.  Both are wonderful JP Needlepoint owl designs.

Saturday and Sunday I will be teaching The Black Queen.

Photo by Mike McCormick for Blue Bonnet 

Her 'Regalness" is covered with beads and pearls galore! In addition, she has a crown darning pattern designed specifically for her.

Monday and Tuesday I'll be teaching Black Beak Hooter.  

Photo by Mike McCormick for Blue Bonnet

He even has needle felting, leather appliqué, some cute findings, and lots more! What an adventure!

If you are following along have noticed that I had a 'moment' and have jumped right in to doing a 'Special' class on Brenda Stofft's Arctic Parade - which is huge. Which gives us more room for awesomeness. Did I mention HUGE?




This class will cover a looooooonnnnnnnnggggggg period of time -  no date deadline stress for lessons or stitches.  We are going with the flow. Golly, there are lots of critters, beautiful santa face, every kind of fur we can think of - whatever will we do?

If you are interested in joining the already growing group of participants, send me an email to duodesignsinc@yahoo.com.  We'd love to have you.

I am currently auditioning stretcher bars - Ever tites - to see just how much I can cut down the canvas and still have plenty of room to work.  Brenda is very generous with her cut canvases.

I am planning to use my K's Creations Stowaway floor frame.  I had purchased the extended piece that holds larger than 26" frame.  (I also need to see if I can borrow my daughter's so I can have 2 going at once - maybe!) I plan to stitch the back along with the front as we go for those areas that are mirrored images.  Here's the link for the frame I'm telling you about.

http://kscreations.com/floor_stowaway.htm

Your LNS can order this for you.  Let me know if you need assistance.

And, I have just about gotten Lesson 3 ready for the Easter Rabbit with Morning Glories and Lesson 5 for the Cats in a Dinghy.  Boy these sure have gone by quickly!  Thankfully they are fun and I love what I'm doing.

So, I best get back to it and hope to be able to visit again next week if the time doesn't get away from me.

Remember to be sure and stitch with a smile!

Sandy



No comments: