Saturday, August 9, 2014

Threads have been picked!

Mod Ornaments Mystery is moving right along.  Have you ordered your canvas yet?  If not you better get it on order.  This is a very popular class and registrations keep coming in.


Have you registered?  Please keep in mind that stating on Needlepoint Nation that you want to take the class does not serve as a registration.  You need to send an email to duodesignsinc@yahoo.com and tell me you want in and provide your email address.  I don't want the spam police coming after me and your letting me know through email makes it official. Registration closes in September and the first class starts mid-November.

I have set up a Yahoo Group for participants to share information, pictures, etc.  So far less than a third of those registered has joined the discussion group.  If you want to participate in the discussion group and did not receive an invitation just let me know and I'll get an invite out to you right away. Yahoo group participation is not mandatory.

I have whittled down my thread selections.  I currently have 15 threads.  Now, keep in mind that once I start stitching I could easily change my mind and switch out one or two and maybe even add one or two.

Stitches and techniques are pretty much decided on. Okay, okay!  Here's a sneak peek!

Awwww, come on guys!  You knew there had to be some basketweave somewhere on the canvas.  Those fun techniques need some type foundation. And you knew if I showed the color you could figure out which ornament it went to. But I promise there will not be much basketweave!  Too many other fun things to do.

Now I need to concentrate on beads and/or other embellishments that I might want to add.  In fact, I need to hold myself back in that department.  I could bead everything!

I think I will be able to get a thread list out before too much longer.  Some shops have expressed an interest in offering a thread kit for participants to be able to purchase in response to our request to have one.  I'll pass that information along once I know who will be offering them.

Okay, enough talking and back to stitching.  Be sure to get your friends on board to join our fun.  Check with your local shop too.  Several are working with me in setting up a social get together at their shop where participants let the shop do all the work (order the canvas, download the lesson, pull the threads) and they meet at their shop once a month after the mystery has been released and stitch and discuss the mystery.  Shop owners contact me at duodesignsinc@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to share with you how some other shops are handling this.

Until next time - remember to stitch with a smile!

Sandy







No comments: