Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stitching!  Stitching!  Stitching!

Returned home, rather hurriedly, from Designers Desk Monday night but arrived safely.  They were changing and cancelling flights like crazy because of some very nasty weather.  So, Pat came to the classroom and announced that in order for me to get home at a decent hour I had to leave 'NOW'.  Talk about scurrying.

I had such a wonderful time and met some new students.  Luckily for me, I had several returning students!  I love them!  We did three days of canvas enhancement and one full day of techniques - What to do With Ribbons and Such!  The students enjoyed it very much and wanted it to be two days instead of just the one.  So, if future shops or chapters are interested in this workshop it is going to now be two days to allow more time for execution.



We played with ribbon, Wonder Ribbon, Memory Thread, Flair, Neon Rays, Sparkle Rays, felted balls, beads, Kreinik, Painters Thread Hankies, Sparkles, and on and on.  Too fun!

I hit the ground running when I arrived home!  I had to do some finishing touches on class proposals for TNNA Phoenix which were due July 1.  So now that is one thing off my list.

I am busily working on stitch guides for clients and I am loving every minute of it.  I am also working on some models for some designers and this, too, gives me a great deal of pleasure.  Can't wait for you to see them!

Duo Designs is getting ready to release a wonderful series of canvases and I can't wait to share them with you.  More on that later.

For the moment, however, the next priority is ordering supplies and making up kits for the 5 days of classes that I am teaching at ANG National Seminar in Chicago.

One of my classes went to lottery so that is a lot of canvas cutting, assembling, etc.  But I love every minute.


Beading for Needlework is a one-day class where we will be discussing and experimenting with various ways to attach beads, executing different stitches, edgings and fringes. 



Back to the Beach is a 4-day class and is a follow up of To The Beach.  These gals have been so much fun and I am anxious to share them with the class.  To The Beach is now available for purchase as I have retired them from classroom only.

If you are going to Seminar, you might want to check with Designers Desk and order a neat Chicago Bean magnet to show off on your projects.  It is so cute!  I am already using mine.



Well, if I'm blogging I 'ain't' stitching so I better get at it!

Have a great evening and remember to Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy

No comments: