Thursday, October 24, 2013

WEDNESDAY WHIMSIES - October 23, 2013

WEDNESDAY WHIMSIES - October 23, 2013

Yep, today is Wednesday and I remembered!  I am home and it is a crisp morning (that's an artistic word for  cold) .  Getting ready to revitalize the fire left over from the fire in the fireplace last night.  I love my fireplace and I love my husband for his continual work year round to make sure I have an ample supply of firewood.  Well, I love him for other reasons too, but right now, I love him for making sure I have firewood!

Today's stitch is the corduroy stitch.



Okay, I have a confession to make.  When I think of this stitch I have a difficult time getting beyond the category of clothing.  To me corduroy is clothing.  Period. The stitch can be used for much more than that, of course, but I must think to get beyond that and that means I must work.  And, as I told you guys in the beginning, I am willing to share my stitches with you but I sure don't want to work in this process!  That's what I do for a living.

Speaking of which, I do have models to finish for the TNNA market because I want to share them with you this week.  I am so excited about the stitched versions and I want you all to be in my classes!  They are such fun and I never saw so much 'stuff' the vendors are providing to bring these canvases to life! Threads and felting tools and beads and sequins and, and, and, and.

So off to the fireplace and my stitching.

Enjoy your stitching and smile while doing so - in other words - stitch with a smile!

Sandy


No comments: