Monday, May 6, 2013

Stitch Sampler Notebook

I was thinking of some things this morning to share with you about my notebook.  I don't know if I have shared them before, but we keep getting new members over on the Yahoo Group page so

I don't think it would't hurt to repeat.

First, you can devote an entire sheet to one stitch.  This gives you the opportunity to experiment with the stitch in several different ways, with different threads, different directions, and different combinations.  The down side to that, of course, is that you end up with one heck of a large notebook as each page potentially has only two stitched samples. The up side is that you have a treasure of samples.

I also keep some regular sheet protectors handy for my notebook.  Every now and then there is a stitch or technique that needs to occupy a whole sheet of paper so I let it have its way.  I'm easy like that.


Second, if I have not said so before, you do use both sides of the protector sheets.  Therefore, each 'page' has six stitched samples.

Third, to distribute the bulk, I rotate my stitched samples.  For instance, the actual sample may be a row on the top this page, a row in the center on the next page, and a row at the bottom on the next page.  You can see how that cuts down having one big hump in only one area of the notebook.  You could even rotate them by placing them top in the left slot, middle in the center slot, and bottom in the right slot.  This really mixes them up. But,  I tend to like my stitched samples placed in little horizontal rows. It's my notebook, I can place them where I want!  Right?  Here's a sample of samples in the middle row and samples in the bottom row.


















Okay, that's it for right now.  Gotta get to work.  Have a great day and week and remember

Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy

No comments: