Sunday, March 31, 2013

HAPPY EASTER to all of us who celebrate.

I realized that I have been very slack on giving my blog the attention that it deserves.  I think I really have too many irons in the fire.  However, I'm afraid to slow down for I might not be able to get my momentum rolling again.

A lot has been going on.  I have been so fortunate to have such an active life.  I am also blessed to enjoy the health that allows me to participate at the level I enjoy.  After my family, teaching needlework is my main focus.  I have been quite busy teaching, stitching models for class and writing stitch guides. What fun!

Also,  Shapes of Needlepoint - Series IV, Diagonals, Horizontals and Verticals, is scheduled for release mid-August so I am busy making last minute polishing touches.

Today, however, I have a special surprise!  I have prepared a gift for you, my wonderful supporters, which I hope you can enjoy and use.

I have created a special notebook that I have shared with various chapters over the years.  This notebook I have labeled as Stitch Samples.  The notebook is an organized way of testing a stitch by using a free stitch diagram I will be providing you.  A template is provided for you as well.  I have included pages for you to print out for your notebook.  This template shows the diagram, provides a place for notes of what thread you used, etc., and had a place to mount your stitched sample.


Here is a sample of what the individual pages will look like.  They will have the stitch name and category suggestions already typed on them and ready for you to stitch a sample and file away!




I have set up a Yahoo Group in which to download the various postings, including templates and suggestions for setting up your own personal system.

Each week, I will post a new page to the group for you to download.

If you are interested in this adventure, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webstitchsamplernotebook and ask to join the group.

Feel free to remind me that I may not have posted a stitch for the week.  I hope to post stitches each Wednesday - I will list them as Wednesday Whimsies.

I would love your feedback on the adventure.  Tell your friends and let's have fun while we continue to play with one of our favorite passions.

Until Wednesday, Stitch with a Smile!

Sandy

3 comments:

CLJH said...

What a wonderful gift Sandy. Thanks so much!

Sandy Arthur said...

You are welcome. I hope you enjoy it and that you find it useful and helpful.

Dian said...

This is wonderful. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.