Monday, January 7, 2013

Everybody's doing it - right?  Well, I have a blog on my website but I can't make myself go through the steps to post my thoughts immediately.  So, I thought I might try this.  No promises.

Anyway, I look at blogs as tremendous devourers of time.  I enjoy reading them tremendously but when I do so the next thing I notice is that I have a lost a big chunk of valuable time from my morning (mostly).  Believe me, like most of us, I cannot afford to have a big chunk of non-productive time on my plate.

I'm approaching this blog as a way to sorta document some of my thoughts and/or intentions and then maybe be able to share along the way how various projects are born, expanded, trashed, etc.

Right now, for instance, I am currently working on stitch guides for the Old Crow Series by Leigh Designs.  Currently alive, published and well is the Night Cap.  Night Cap will be taught at TNNA Long Beach in a few weeks and for a max. class of 24, there are only 5 slots left last time I checked.

This guide is available through your LNS or me (but I haven't gotten it posted in my Online Shop yet.  Another thing on my to-do list.

I am finishing up today/tonight the Squashed version of this series.  Here's a sneak peak of the final steps.  I ran out of thread so waiting for its arrival which is scheduled for tomorrow.


Fast Friends is mounted on the stretcher bars and patiently waiting their turn.  Threads are pulled and my mind is going crazy wanting to get my ideas finalized on the canvas.  I really wanted to stitch them first, but have saved them as a reward for finishing the other two first.

Good news is that  there are Old Crow weekend workshops being scheduled all over the country.  The most current ones are - Quail Run, Scottsdale, AZ - February, The Needle Works, Austin, TX - June, and Bedecked and Beadazzled, Baltimore, MD - August.  Check them out and come join us for the fun.

Proposals are flying out the door this week.  Deadlines have piled up all of a sudden.

And lastly for today, I am making final preparations for my class at Serendipity Needleworks in Tuscaloosa, AL, which is next week.  We are teaching a favorite To The Beach.


Okay, enough for today.  Have a great day and Stitch with a Smile!