Tuesday, January 15, 2013

As I am getting ready to go to the airport to head south, I wanted to make a quick post and share my scarecrow with you.  Although I am heading 'south', Ellen of Serendipity tells me that it is in the low 40s there.  So much for southern weather!  Well, at least I won't have to worry about getting snowed in (maybe).  Maybe working on To The Beach will bring us some warmth.  If not, we'll warm it up with laughter, friendship and a good time sharing a common passion - stitching!

I also forgot to mention in my post yesterday that it was my husband and my 51st wedding anniversary.  I can't believe that time has flown that quickly.  If I am as lucky in the next 50 years (optimistic?) I will indeed be the luckiest person on this earth.  God has been good to me and mine.

Anyway, here is the scarecrow for Leigh Designs Old Crow Series Fast Friends.  Isn't he wonderful?  I had so much fun stitching him and will have just as much fun teaching him.


Be sure to go to my website www.duodesignsinc.com and see the shops that are hosting this wonderful Old Crow Workshop.  We will be focused on three of the 8 designs in this series:  Night Cap, Squashed and Fast Friends.  Check with your local shop about the possibility of hosting a workshop in your area.  I would love to visit.

Well, I best be getting my coat, tickets and bag and head out the door.

More later.

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOVE him! Everything about the scarecrow is charming. Hope you have a lovely trip. Don't forget to come home safely and finish this piece.

Jane, president of the Sandy Fan Club, Chilly Hollow chapter

Sandy Arthur said...

Oh I love your title! Thanks. Will you be in Long Beach TNNA?